Biggest fish, summer of 08

Switch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As summer draws to a near and were all thinking of the up and coming sled season, which S&M member has caught the biggest fish, what kind and where?. Send pics if you have.

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
Here's a pic of a 5' and 6' long Sturgeon I caught this summer in the Frazer River near Mission B.C. Fun fish to catch. Hard fish to reel in as the pic of my buddy Noel shows.

Attachments

• Fishin' in Mission 062.jpg
    Fishin' in Mission 062.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 36
  • Fishin' in Mission 024.jpg
    Fishin' in Mission 024.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 38
  • Fishin' in Mission 069.jpg
    Fishin' in Mission 069.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 43

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice pics,nice dinosaurs and nice hook setting photo. My rod had the same bend on a few Rockpile bass like that this past summer. Never got them in the boat........lol:beer:

Rider38

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I caught a nice 7.7 lbs walleye out at wolf lake this year. to bad I didn't have a tag though.

flatlandguy

Reaction score
Hey, nice Perch there Sumx...I'd show you guys a pic of a real fish, but the macro lense on my camera wouldn't get wide enough so I didn't bother to take a pic;) Thats the biggest fish story I've got for this summer:d:beer:
The other fish I caught were about the same size as Rons:(

Billy Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Things are not going well on the fishing trips this year (the few I have been able to get away on) the biggest I have been able to land so far is a 12" Brown Trout on Prarrie Creek but I was still happy, as they say "A poor day fishing is better than a good day anywhere else" and there still will be great fishing opportunities this fall!!

Billy Boy:cool:

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
Things are not going well on the fishing trips this year (the few I have been able to get away on) the biggest I have been able to land so far is a 12" Brown Trout on Prarrie Creek but I was still happy, as they say "A poor day fishing is better than a good day anywhere else" and there still will be great fishing opportunities this fall!!

A 12" brown out of that creek is no easy task. :d :d

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hah.....try and 18" Brown out of Mud Creek, not too far from Prairie Creek.

I had a great day catching Grayling near Whitecourt. Not huge fish, but there were plenty and they were feeding well for quite a few hours. Only a couple were on the big side and had their beautiful purple colouration.

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
Hah.....try and 18" Brown out of Mud Creek, not too far from Prairie Creek.

I had a great day catching Grayling near Whitecourt. Not huge fish, but there were plenty and they were feeding well for quite a few hours. Only a couple were on the big side and had their beautiful purple colouration.

Never heard of Mud Creek. Ya theres lots of good Grayling fishing around here forsure. If their feeding good its hard to keep the small ones off your fly. Lots o fun. :beer:

Billy Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Grayling are a riot to catch on a fly rod!!!! Yes Prarrie Creek can be challenging fishing but usually I have done quite well on Prarrie. Now if you want a frustrating creek to fish try Stauffer (North Raven) there are some very large fish (Brown Trout) in that stream but it can frustrate you to the point of where you want to throw your rod into the bush and vow that you will never fish again:realmad: Good thing that I have had some really good fishing trips on the Stauffer to keep me coming back for more punishment. Other good flyfishing streams in the West Central Foothills around the Rocky, Caroline, Sundre and Cremona area are Clear Creek (North of Caroline), Little Red and Dog Pound (Cremona Area) and the Fallen Timber (Sundre, Cremona area) and numerous other small streams and creeks that are fun to explore.

redrum

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
10lb 7ounce Walleye Out of Tobin Lake Sask. Was caught mid June bottom bouncing with leeches. The record is just over 18lbs out of Tobin.:eek:

Attachments

• Picture_135.jpg
    Picture_135.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 31

Switch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice walleye Redrum, wish more of our Alberta lakes had them that size!

Top Bottom