Best winter tires for a f-350

Kelso

Reaction score
Duratracks are a decent snow tire and I know they are popular among this crowd, but the difference to true winter tires is night and day. They may chew better up the service road, but would you rather need a tow strap on the trail or a tow truck to pull you out of a ditch? Or worse yet an Ambulance??
I have used the Hurculese Avalanche tires which were ok but the studded Nokian LT2s are significantly better!
I run the 285/70/r17 which are only a D load range but rated to the same weight capacity as the narrower E range.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Better than the Herc Avalanches...wow. Been rocking the Hercs this winter and think they are pretty damn fantastic! I too have have been very, very surprised at the difference a true winter tire has made over the Toyo AT2's I ran previously.

Duratracks are a decent snow tire and I know they are popular among this crowd, but the difference to true winter tires is night and day. They may chew better up the service road, but would you rather need a tow strap on the trail or a tow truck to pull you out of a ditch? Or worse yet an Ambulance??
I have used the Hurculese Avalanche tires which were ok but the studded Nokian LT2s are significantly better!
I run the 285/70/r17 which are only a D load range but rated to the same weight capacity as the narrower E range.

Top Bottom