Winter Tires for Ram 3500- Have a Few Choices

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im sorry for this view but goodyear anything is s**t on a bigger heavier truck. I don't care about all the claims and personal awesome stories. they are ****. Ive had 2 sidewalls blow, and 2 separate, 1 of which blew the whole front of my resistol dodge dually apart, $9000 damage to truck. they also pick up flats easy.

A buddy as having a great run on these from Canadian tire, but then wore out fast with a lot of flats. But you have to look at what your buying, Canadian tire were mounting Passenger grade tires on his 2500 dodge and he was to daft to notice.

Referring to duratrac ad the a/t

Ive driven over 1 million kms on company pickups, 400,000 on personal pickups pulling. I have never once had a flat with toyo, bfg, cooper, or nitto. Goodyear was a nightmare-maybe just bad luck.....

Interesting, I ran duratracs on my 1 ton service truck during the winter only, and never had a issue with them or a flat for that matter. I also don't run full air pressure in them either same as my Toyos for the summer, and no flats either.

I know lots of guys running them, the only thing I don't like about them is they are too soft for all season use and defiantly not a year round oilfield tire.

Fountain tire had a 4-3 sale in July I think and I picked up a set for my personal truck for winter only use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

JustChilling19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the feedback!

At this point I think it's safe to narrow it down to either the coopers or the Nokians. Just need to figure out if I think I'll notice that much of a different on them relative to the cost. Lots of good points all around, thank you for the feedback!

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ran the winter force on a service truck, much better than the cooper winters I had before

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the feedback!

At this point I think it's safe to narrow it down to either the coopers or the Nokians. Just need to figure out if I think I'll notice that much of a different on them relative to the cost. Lots of good points all around, thank you for the feedback!
Oh the Nokian are more, I think my set was over 3k.

Kelso

Reaction score
I just picked up a set of 5 Nokians for $1000 with over 80% tread remaining 😎
You could always keep an eye out for a good set of lightly used tires to keep cost down...

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

East cat

Reaction score
May I ask where did you obtain that quote for the cooper's , that the one I am looking to install on my 2500

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went ahead and got a quote on the Nokians as the other thread was raving about them. $1335.96 for the set, out the door for $1750 including alignment, change over ect. If they are really that much better then say the coopers I'm more then willing to spend the extra money, anyone who's gone up to Silent Pass will attest! Haha guess we will wait for some more opinions. Thank you to everyone who has chimed in already!

love mine on my ram 2500...only problem with studs these days is they are so small...I buy but not sure they are doing anything...

drunkukrainian

Reaction score
Have a buddy running studded Toyo Open Country C/Ts and loves them...he was saying they had trouble trying to break them loose while pulling trailer, apparently just wear a bit quickly for year round use though. Snowflake rated and studdable, I plan on running a set for the winter. Haven't looked into pricing yet...

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have a buddy running studded Toyo Open Country C/Ts and loves them...he was saying they had trouble trying to break them loose while pulling trailer, apparently just wear a bit quickly for year round use though. Snowflake rated and studdable, I plan on running a set for the winter. Haven't looked into pricing yet...

they are designed for winter driving, the compound is formulated for that and yes are going to wear quicker in warmer weather. They are likely the most expensive but I have driven trucks with them and they are a good winter tire.

For 20" wheels the cheapest I have found is $1800 installed. For me, I do not see any reason to go cheaper with something like a Cooper to save $500-600 and wish I had the Toyo's.

LID

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nokian Hak LT2 worked for 3 solid winters of sledding and off-highway work on my F350.Even a trip to Valdez with a sled on the deck and 4 in the trailer plus gear.
If you get the factory studded ones you get bigger-heavier studs.

Top Bottom