Best place to mod a summit 97 in Alberta?

Rek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wanting to mod my summit 670 and I wanted to know what is the best place to mod that sled. Thanks

Popsiclestand

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wanting to mod my summit 670 and I wanted to know what is the best place to mod that sled. Thanks

How well does the turbo kit run on the 670? Are you having any issues with it being a carbed sled? Whos kit is it running? How much boost?

Last edited:

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
X2 - what he said. I think you may have to define "mod" to get a specific answer. Chassis? Suspension? Motor? What kind of budget? Do you expect it to hang a beating on a new sled with boost?

Popsiclestand

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
X2 - what he said. I think you may have to define "mod" to get a specific answer. Chassis? Suspension? Motor? What kind of budget? Do you expect it to hang a beating on a new sled with boost?

Chassis all you need to do is drop and roll it and then stuff a 151x16x2 under it, thats the best for these if you're running mild mods...but then again apparently you're boosted....

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cheaper to buy one built already. You can find custom chassis w/a bult motor already for 3k or so.

Rek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How well does the turbo kit run on the 670? Are you having any issues with it being a carbed sled? Whos kit is it running? How much boost?

it runs great and its running the aerocharger and its running 12 pounds.

pistonbroke800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I see in your sig that you are already running two modded S chassis' if anything i would think you would be in the know on the best place to mod a '97 summit. Can you post up the dyno sheet for your 670 turbo? Im curious about the torque curve on that engine with boost. Any other engine mods you have to make to get that thing to run on 12psi boost?

Nitrobkr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I see in your sig that you are already running two modded S chassis' if anything i would think you would be in the know on the best place to mod a '97 summit. Can you post up the dyno sheet for your 670 turbo? Im curious about the torque curve on that engine with boost. Any other engine mods you have to make to get that thing to run on 12psi boost?

X2!!!!!!!!

medler

I love guns
Reaction score

^^^ x2

BeachSled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dean also has a pretty sweet setup with his Turbo 670, its hard to find people who have the knowledge this guy has and ability to tune the 670's. I had one done by him in a Zx mod chassis, all I can say is it worked very well when he was done with it.

Rek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I defiantly had to upgrade the drivers and had to put racing heads on, and new clutches and a belt.

rmk mod

Reaction score
Lets see some pics of this beast, a turbo 670 would be fun to see out there and at 12 lbs!!!!

Top Bottom