Best place to buy XPS oil

ratpak

Reaction score
It's the start of the season and I want to buy about 6 cases (24 x 4L) of XPS semi synthetic oil. Anyone know where a guy can get a good deal on the stuff.

Is it even worth the hassle or should I switch to an aftermarket brand for better value. XPS seems more expensive and I always feel like I'm begging for a discount at the local BRP dealer.

Any thoughts?

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have heard that the prices have gone down a bit for this year. If you really want to save you should consider getting together with a buddy and buy a 200l drum of the stuff!

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gibbons Motor Toys buys it in the drum from BRP then distributes out 4L jugs of it at a lower cost, I think it was around $38 for a jug vs $50 something regular, that where I get mine.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I buy the shell full synthetic for 2 years now on the 800r engine and everything is great I have 2 doo's with 800r's,, I have heard it is the same or a very similar to the doo synthtic..

canadian tire has a sale every fall coming soon I would think...price is $32 per jug reg $40ish,,,

last year I bought a case at the shell bulk centre for about $36 per jug or $38 I cant remeber about $150 for the case of 4.

If you were to buy 6 cases they may give you a discount I would think, and they also have barrels so I would call the nearest bulk centre,

good luck.

mel.h

Reaction score
Gibbons Motor Toys buys it in the drum from BRP then distributes out 4L jugs of it at a lower cost, I think it was around $38 for a jug vs $50 something regular, that where I get mine.

The catch is though you already have to have a doo oil jug , you cannot go in with any old jug... at least that's how it is at Riverside & Martin's.

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
drum of blend is $2351.99 or smaller 16 gal drum is $694.99 if that helps in your decision.

flabbajabba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The catch is though you already have to have a doo oil jug , you cannot go in with any old jug... at least that's how it is at Riverside & Martin's.

Martin's south filled a jerry can for me! I asked them if it mattered they said they would put it in any jug.(oil or gas)

Mister Bee

Reaction score

Gibbons has new jugs full of oil from the barrel sitting on the shelf at all times. You don't need to bring any jug.

ratpak

Reaction score
drum of blend is $2351.99 or smaller 16 gal drum is $694.99 if that helps in your decision.

Based on these prices, a 16 gallon drum (assuming US gallons) works out to $46.03 for a 4L jug and a 200L drum works out to $47.04 for a 4L jug.

Isn't a 4L jug (retail) from the dealership only $48? Is my math wrong? Where is the savings to buy in bulk?

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

There is no catch, they fill up new clear plastic jugs so you dont have to bring in anything. Pick a jug off the shelf and pay less, that all there is to it.:d

Actually I never asked if there's even more of a discount if you do bring in your own jug, I will ask when I bring in my sled.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I havent run the brp oil in along time...could never stand how it made your eyes water so bad.
I run Amsoil Dominator, I think my last barrel I was sharing with friends was $8 per Liter

heavy d

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I havent run the brp oil in along time...could never stand how it made your eyes water so bad.
I run Amsoil Dominator, I think my last barrel I was sharing with friends was $8 per Liter

That's the only way to go. Does ski-doo have warranty issues if you run something other than their over priced crap ?

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's the only way to go. Does ski-doo have warranty issues if you run something other than their over priced crap ?

Pretty hard to prove that it failed due to oil quality! I've never heard or had a problem...but that does not mean it has not happened. I'm sure if it's happened, chances are it was Turples!

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey longhorn, i've seen guys lean out there oil pump just to get maximum mileage out of a jug. oh yea, the one guy leaned out too much, grenaded the motor hard, saved a lot cash.lol

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
hey longhorn, i've seen guys lean out there oil pump just to get maximum mileage out of a jug. oh yea, the one guy leaned out too much, grenaded the motor hard, saved a lot cash.lol

Ya I know, I have heard every story imaginable...thats not the point, I know it happens and I read all the threads, but I still dont 'UNDERTAND' it...

Maybe its just me, the way we were brought up on the farm, you over-serviced everything, those machines paid the bills and kept food on the table so it was beat into us to service the heck out of them...

I guess its just an old habit...but I personally would never consider running a substandard oil, just to save a few bucks or running all over town with empty jugs again to save a few bucks on decent oil. I guess when I bought my sleds I knew they needed oil, so its kinda like paying to get into Disney, cost of admission.

Funny that no one wants to try find old recycled gas, or some old farm gas with a bit of water in it to save a few bucks LOL

Top Bottom