Best place to buy XPS oil

mxz sledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I never cheap out on oil it the life blood of any motor i run sny.in all my motors and even at work all our diesels run 0-40 year round some of old girls are running at 40000 hrs and still run strong .Some of the diesel run 24 hr a day for weeks straight

ratpak

Reaction score
13k-15k sled...

Trying to save 10 bucks on a jug of oil....

Spending 20 bucks in fuel driving around the city...

Pointless....

Thanks for the remarks, but I'm looking to save more than $10. I'm buying $1,000 worth of oil, not just one jug so it'd be nice to get a deal.

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
good point longhorn, i was born, raised and beat on the farm:nono:, and was taught that oil and grease was always your friend.

also any good aftermarket oil is okay so long as it has a certified warranty compliance disclosure on the jug. eg. klotz which i run and smells great is compliant.
as to warranty if a manufacturer wants the dealer to ensure that the proper oil was used in a warranty situation, they have there ways ti find out.;)

don't mean to poach a thread, but i have a unopened 16 us gal special edition 2000 drum of arctic cat mineral oil for $240 tax in ($15 a us gal) call 403-938-0930.

Attachments

• DSC00528.jpg
    DSC00528.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 73

ratpak

Reaction score
Thanks, but I'll stick with XPS Semi Synthetic over Klotz. It may be warranty compliant but XPS was designed for BRP engines.

I'd rather not settle for a cheaper oil just to save a few bucks or because it smells pretty. The pretty/sweet smell comes from the addition of castor oil as an additive and although it's a good lubricant, it tends to burn a little dirty and leave deposits over time.

My BRP dealer also recommended NOT to use mineral oil in my sled either, but I'm not sure exactly why even though BRP makes a mineral oil too.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
@ $6/L a little more than $10 a jug.....I think Amsoil Dom is close to $45-48 plus tax I think..havent bought a jug off the shelf in at least 205 L.

Top Bottom