Best Hot tub

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
So I'm sitting in my tub about a month ago and noticed the pump is a little loud. So I remove the pump, take it in and discover it's toast. :mad: Can't even rebuild they say. Replace the pump with a new one 600 clams later and now the tub keeps blowing breakers. I discover the heater is gone ............. buy new heater 630 clams. Sigh ............... these things are damn expensive!! :mad:

Maybe I should be looking at a new one instead of refurbishing this old heap year after year.

I've tried the Sundance (current model) and Arctic Spas most previous. Any thoughts on the best tubs out there.

Arctic was nice but filters were crap. Sundance is very nice but the insulation isn't my favorite. However filters are amazing ........ last five years.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
go with an arctic and install a sundance filter inline somehow.:d

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
So I'm sitting in my tub about a month ago and noticed the pump is a little loud. So I remove the pump, take it in and discover it's toast. :mad: Can't even rebuild they say. Replace the pump with a new one 600 clams later and now the tub keeps blowing breakers. I discover the heater is gone ............. buy new heater 630 clams. Sigh ............... these things are damn expensive!! :mad:

Maybe I should be looking at a new one instead of refurbishing this old heap year after year.

I've tried the Sundance (current model) and Arctic Spas most previous. Any thoughts on the best tubs out there.

Arctic was nice but filters were crap. Sundance is very nice but the insulation isn't my favorite. However filters are amazing ........ last five years.

WE HAVE A BEACHCOMBER, AND HEATER IS ONLY ABOUT $150.00(DID IT MYSELF - WAS QUITE EASY)..... HAVEN'T HAD TO REPLACE THE MOTOR YET..... OUR TUB IS 14 YEARS OLD AND STILL LOOKS AND WORKS GREAT. SEATS ABOUT 11 TO 12 PEOPLE COMFORTABLY, BUT WE'VE HAD OVER 20 IN IT FOR THE GREY CUP A FEW YEARS AGO:d:d:d:d

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
WE HAVE A BEACHCOMBER, AND HEATER IS ONLY ABOUT $150.00(DID IT MYSELF - WAS QUITE EASY)..... HAVEN'T HAD TO REPLACE THE MOTOR YET..... OUR TUB IS 14 YEARS OLD AND STILL LOOKS AND WORKS GREAT. SEATS ABOUT 11 TO 12 PEOPLE COMFORTABLY, BUT WE'VE HAD OVER 20 IN IT FOR THE GREY CUP A FEW YEARS AGO:d:d:d:d

Ya Sundance is expensive for parts, and only the acrylic part is insulated. Whereas the Arctic spa the skirt was insulated and sitting on a bullit proof thick plastic type floor that you could sit directly on gravel. Like the idea of pumps and plumping being "inside" the insulation rather than the other way around.

Had a Sundance, upgraded to a new Arctic, sold house and new house has almost the same Sundance I used to have lol. Whats the service like where you bought it?

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Beachcomber is really good, and we had a temperature problem recently, and they fixed it right the first time, and even did some no charge servicing to the system for us..... Replaced the control panel cover, no charge, as he had one in his service truck..... Was really impressed with them.... We bought it from them and have had great service with parts and labour and anything we needed from them.....

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Doc, I'd say the best hot tub is one that has a bar close by and pretty girls in it when you get home from work? Oh, and no bogger in sight :eek:

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do keep in mind, what ever you get were all coming over to christin it for you. That's me, mike#######, bogger, plio and we'll round a couple more up :beer::d

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got the solution for ya Doc....

Attachments

• hot tub2.jpg
    hot tub2.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 31
  • hot tub.jpg
    hot tub.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 31

Bullseye

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Now that is a hot tub !!!!!! I think it might be a little more EXPENSIVE than other brands I've seen !!!!!!! But I think you can use it for other things though !! LOL LOL

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we have an arctic spa that fits 6 or 8 comfortably or 4 guys and 6 women...:d:d sorry no room for bikini's

we have a salt water one that -- requires no maintaince-- BULL SH T !!

we love the tub but never buy a white acrylic...as every spec of a spec shows

also make sure the guy selling it know s what hes selling..ours was the first salt water one in the area.. and apparently the " no maintainance slogan" has changed slightly... sounds like they have it figured out now....finally...

make sure theres drink holders..... a lid assist is nice and a swing out table... oh ya and drink holders.....and a booster seat for short people...

so the salt water one is pretty painless, change water every six months (depending on usage or parties) add salt with new water and add " BOOST" a bout a teaspoon a month.... - (this they never mentioned)

Broameen salt use boost
Chlorinated salt use peak boost.

also they are different types of boost for different kinds of salt so- and it doesnt mix..... so when they give you the two that dont go together be ready to change out the water .....again......

oops sorry sir.....fml...

I think the key is a place that has been around for a while and good service. i would gladly pay for someone from out of town to come and service ours twice a yr to ensure its all good with no surprises..

also i agree the arctic spa filters are crap.......and riduculously expensive... for that money you should be able to rinse them but they say if you do you lose 80% filtration !!!!!:eek::eek::eek:
good luck

Throttle*Queen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

We just bought from Polar Spas, its called the American Series! R47 insulation and 2pumps. It fits 6-8 people and has the stereo and everything. My favourite feature is it is a "chemical free" tub! The filtration system on this thing is sick. It isnt totally chemical free but its not like other tubs bcuz of the filters. You shock it once a week or with heavy use and thats about it. No dipping for pH every other day and no chlorine tablets!

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have a costal spa now,it is 5 years old with no problems.

We bought a sun ray for the new house.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought a Dynasty spa hot tub...impulse buy. Biggest POS ever, warenty is only as good as the people who stand behind it! I have had nothing but problems with it and no one to fix it , jets wont stay in,now the tub itself is caving in. Heres pics of my $14000.00 dog water dish!

The side is supossed to be straight!
IMG_1798.jpg
[/IMG]

The top is supposed to be level!
IMG_1819.jpg
[/IMG]

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
I bought a Dynasty spa hot tub...impulse buy. Biggest POS ever, warenty is only as good as the people who stand behind it! I have had nothing but problems with it and no one to fix it , jets wont stay in,now the tub itself is caving in. Heres pics of my $14000.00 dog water dish!

The side is supossed to be straight!
IMG_1798.jpg
[/IMG]

The top is supposed to be level!
IMG_1819.jpg
[/IMG]

WOW.........THAT IS BAD........ SORRY 'BOUT YOUR TUB. I STILL LIKE MY BEACHCOMBER:d

Top Bottom