Best Hot tub

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They tell me the tub "akrilic" has to fail before it's warrented????????????????? So if it dont leck we "Dynasty" no fixxy!

bigdaddy35

Reaction score
We just bought from Polar Spas, its called the American Series! R47 insulation and 2pumps. It fits 6-8 people and has the stereo and everything. My favourite feature is it is a "chemical free" tub! The filtration system on this thing is sick. It isnt totally chemical free but its not like other tubs bcuz of the filters. You shock it once a week or with heavy use and thats about it. No dipping for pH every other day and no chlorine tablets!

I"m curious about this, it sounds great and if I could stop with the chemical checks, I'd be a happy guy. The type of filtration system in these tubs uses ozone which is great and efficient at cleaning the water, and doesn't cause the TDS (total disolved solids) to raise as much. Keeping TDS lower does keep pH and alkylinity more balanced, but I don't understand why you wouldn't have to check these to maintain proper pH and alkylinity in your spa every so often as unbalanced pH and alkylinity is death to spa parts/akrylic, and ozone breaks down to O2 which affects both pH and alkylinity of the water. How often do you check these?

I'm also curious how often you have to clean the filters on this system because half life of ozone is about 22 minutes in water and the warmer the water temperature the faster the ozone breaks down back to O2 reducing the sustained cleansing benefits and efficiency which would seem to result in this system having to run more often to maintain ozone levels in the water.

Last question: how do you know the ozone is doing it's job and is keeping the bacteria away? With chlorine and bromine a person can test it to see if there is any available in the water for sanitation.

Throttle*Queen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I"m curious about this, it sounds great and if I could stop with the chemical checks, I'd be a happy guy. The type of filtration system in these tubs uses ozone which is great and efficient at cleaning the water, and doesn't cause the TDS (total disolved solids) to raise as much. Keeping TDS lower does keep pH and alkylinity more balanced, but I don't understand why you wouldn't have to check these to maintain proper pH and alkylinity in your spa every so often as unbalanced pH and alkylinity is death to spa parts/akrylic, and ozone breaks down to O2 which affects both pH and alkylinity of the water. How often do you check these?

I'm also curious how often you have to clean the filters on this system because half life of ozone is about 22 minutes in water and the warmer the water temperature the faster the ozone breaks down back to O2 reducing the sustained cleansing benefits and efficiency which would seem to result in this system having to run more often to maintain ozone levels in the water.

Last question: how do you know the ozone is doing it's job and is keeping the bacteria away? With chlorine and bromine a person can test it to see if there is any available in the water for sanitation.

Well as I said its not chemical free its just a lot less maintenance than a regular hot tub. My parents bought one from arctic spas with an ozonator and r constantly balancing pH etc. We have to clean our filters every 3months and they are resusable, we soak them with filter free for 24 hours then wash them out. When we got the tub we set up our pH and its been good since. I am sure now and then we will have to re-balance it now and then though, right now Ive been testing the water once a week. And we still use chlorine but only when its in heavy use or if we havent used it for a week or so. We give it 2capfuls of shock(bleach) when we have to. And the last one we use once a week is called cop out and that gets rid of scum. The filtration system runs on and off, it runs for 4 hours then its off for 4 hours then on for 4 hours...etc And we were guaranteed our power will not go up more then 20$ a month and if it does they will pay us back. Its stated in the contract.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
All this chemical stuff........ I use the beachcomber system with bromine, instead of chlorine, and we don't use an ozonator(because to many friends with allergies), and i only check the chemicals once a week and only takes a few minutes to doo the weekly ritual of chemicals and checks...... Jus sayin'

Top Bottom