Best deal on a Sea-Can ?

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
I'm looking for a Sea-Can to be delivered west of Rocky. Does anyone know who a guy can talk to about getting a 40'er reasonably local? I did a quick search and didn't really come up with anything in the red deer area. Thanks.

sled_wrangler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is that place in rocky that sells them ... I cant think of the name but they have a few set up at the car wash in the east side of town

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got a "new" 40' X 9 1/2' tall with double doors on both ends sitting in the yard at work. If you know any truckers.......

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'll find out from work tomorrow, where we got ours. We bought 2-53' and the trucking company placed it in a 1/2 inch where we asked him to.

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought mine at Ritchie Brothers, kind of hit and miss there though, I went to three auctions before hey had some go at a reasonable price. If you do buy used, you'll want to check to make sure that doors open and close smoothly, if they don't then that could indicate a twist in the can. Also check the rubber seals around the door to make sure that they are still good. I'm not sure if those are replaceable or not. My .02
Also there are some self loading trailers for sea cans, those guys are usually pretty cheap, otherwise a winch truck and scissor neck or live roll step deck will getter there for you too. :)

Sent from my iPad

Last edited:

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Container West is were we usually buy ours from at work, although Edmonton is the closest location to you, I believe $4000 was the most recent price for a 40' we were quoted plus trucking of course. But at ~$300/hr for a picker truck to deliver, trucking would be half of the total cost.

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
I assumed you already looked at Kijiji seen 20-40' for between $2500-5000 we got a custom one from sea box depot in Leduc for extra parts storage seaboxdepot.com no idea on the price

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I assumed you already looked at Kijiji seen 20-40' for between $2500-5000 we got a custom one from sea box depot in Leduc for extra parts storage seaboxdepot.com no idea on the price

Looks like they have a nice shop.

i have never checked prices.

Trukker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've bought them for 1500.00 to 3000.00 tops before for used ocean cans . The 20's usually go for about the same amount of dough cause ther more desirable . If you can haul it yourself your ahead of the game cause us damn trucker will charge ya . Sent you PM

brutematt750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
These guys want ridiculous amounts for the containers $7200 for a 40'er plus $2.25 a km delivery both ways. The prices are all over the board. With these guys on kijiji.

Wow , that's a lot of dough.
Oh well it was worth a shot ! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom