Belts and warranty

SHIFTmx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Reading many posts on snowest of people hearing from dealers that we may be getting a belt and an extra year of warranty on our proclimb 800s. Extra year warranty for 1100 owners as well just not a belt. Hope it true and not someone stirring the pot. Any dealers on here that will confirm this?

Last edited:

SHIFTmx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here one for the 2 strokes that's on Snow West.........

‎2012 Arctic Cat Pro Cross / Pro Climb 800 owners, you will be getting this letter. Dear Arctic Cat Snowmobile Owner, Our records indicate you are a registered owner of a 2012 Arctic Cat ProClimb M 800 / HCR 800 or ProCross XF 800 High Country snowmobile. Arctic Cat has determined that some 2012 ProClimb M 800 / HCR 800 and ProCross XF 800 High Country snowmobiles have experienced belt failures and are not meeting our performance expectations. While many snowmobiles appear to be unaffected, to ensure we maintain our own high standards, we have specifically designed a new High Output drive belt (p/n 0627-084) for the demanding requirements of mountain riding. Enclosed with this letter is your new drive belt free of charge. Please replace your current drive belt with this new one and follow the drive belt break in procedures. Keep the old one as a spare. We are sorry for the inconvenience that this may have caused but are pleased to announce you will be receiving an ADDITIONAL 1 YEAR WARRANTY. Please contact your Arctic Cat dealer between September 1st and November 30th, 2012 to schedule your 2012 ProClimb 800 or ProCross XF 800 High Country snowmobile to complete any outstanding service bulletins at no charge to you. Your snowmobile was purchased with 12 months factory warranty and 12 months Cat Care Extended Service Contract, for a total of 2 Years. Once your dealer completes any outstanding updates on your snowmobile, Arctic Cat will add an additional 12 months of Cat Care Extended Service Contract for a total of 3 Years Warranty (12 months Factory Warranty and 24 months Cat Care Extended Service Contract) from purchase date. Arctic Cat is taking this extraordinary action because we share your passion for the sport of snowmobiling and appreciate your support of our product.

1100 letter
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1329433170.465619.jpg

:D:party::beerchug:

Last edited:

Evil Revo

Reaction score
There you go all you cry babies, bitchers, complainers, turncoats, traders and non Arctic Cat believers!!!!

I would call this stepping up to the plate. You?

Its probably only the start of fixing some of the so called issues people are having.

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
At least it didn't cost cat much, with alot of the cats sitting by there scratch box waiting to get used on the marginal snow in some areas.

Shanerd

Reaction score
Just left my dealer and they were saying Cat was in BC testing this new belt last month....extra 10mph track speed out of it....seems high but if true great work Cat!!

Crazy8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got mine on Friday, Fed-Ex to the door. Free belt and an additional 1 year warranty. Never had any issues with mine, still on 1st belt. Retail price is $219.99 on packing slip.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
That's awesome! I got 500k on mine so far with no issues but I like free stuff!

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well my original belt had over 1100km on it, started to fray so I replaced it. My new one has 60km on it and is already fraying. Hope that new belt comes in soon...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

canadian madman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
actually they are just shipping them to everyone....and i've never had any problems on my 800....then the wife called and said a new belt was just dropped off at the door with another year of warranty :) :)

thanks cat!! sure builds the confidence knowing they are going to take care of you after buying a first year sled...

DevoD

Reaction score
I have just over 800 miles on my 800 proclimb first belt was 450 mile before it grenaded! The next 3 belts made it approx 100 miles each give or take before they started blowing cords. Came down early today because when I went to change my belt cuz it had blown some cords, upon inspection of the secondary while cleaning i noticed one roller was completely gone and the other had 1/3 of it missing! I had secondary appart and inspected it before this trip and all was good so WTF? Any body else have this issue? And yes clutches are aligned.

cmcwelding

Reaction score
Got 5000 miles on my original belt , clocked in at 89.4 mph around the cabin at Allen creek . No problems

CatRyder88

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got 5000 miles on my original belt , clocked in at 89.4 mph around the cabin at Allen creek . No problems

Umm are you high? How can you have 5000 miles on a sled that has only been out for like 6 months and where around Allen creek cabin were you able to hit 89.4 mph?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk when I should be checkin wells!

Top Bottom