Belle Cabin mess!

j.c.higgins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks to the group who decided to take all the cans and bottles and dump them out of the garbage can all over the cabin floor! Real class act. Hotrod and i found the mess when we groomed there Thursday evening. Just when you think sledders got their act together...it never fails. Higgins.:nono:

FossY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.zx7r.de
we where at belle monday and it was clean but very slippery inside the cabin (just about did a little breakdance)

to bad we couldnt find any working candles though

to bad some people dont take the time cleaning up before they leave

Orrin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bunch of jerks, why is it some people just have to act like idiots. Karmas a bitch I hope they find that out.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks to the group who decided to take all the cans and bottles and dump them out of the garbage can all over the cabin floor! Real class act. Hotrod and i found the mess when we groomed there Thursday evening. Just when you think sledders got their act together...it never fails. Higgins.:nono:

no matter how hard you try, you just can't fix stupid.

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You'd think the people standing there when this moron dumped the can out onto the floor would do more than just stand there watching.

They, (morons) run in packs I tell ya!.

heyjude

RIP Judy
Reaction score
Website
www.mountainhavenbb.vpweb.com

New Years Day we found out that someone had kicked in the door at Belle cabin, probably on New Year's Eve. Barry has gone up today to fix that. He's pretty pissed.

RUDY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
this is getting crazy,guys wrecking cabins..WTF,grow the hell up already...Is there not any way you guys can install those hunting camera and set itto take pics every 5min after it senses motion,this way at night it won't take take pics of nothing but as soon as someone opens the camera takes a pic and every 5min after that?
Actually 1 at the beacon checker and 1 at the cabin this way you have a pic of the guys going up,doing any damage and then back down and how about when they buy a pass they have to show you some kinda ID...Something has to be done because the volunteer's get paid nothing to do this and it sux they have to spend there time to fix something that some bonehead did.

Leona Eyben

Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
I agree something has to be done, these volunteers have better things to do than to babysit someone that does not recognize a good thing when we have it. Without these volunteers do you think that everyone would be enjoying the cabins and other facilities that have volunteers to look after things for your enjoyment. Sometimes it just takes one to ruin it for everyone, please report any vandalism or distruction to the snowmobile club and maybe with any luck we can catch these people. Thanks everyone

FossY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.zx7r.de
New Years Day we found out that someone had kicked in the door at Belle cabin, probably on New Year's Eve. Barry has gone up today to fix that. He's pretty pissed.

i actually gotta say the door was broken already at the 27th judy when we where up there

it wasnt broken when we stopped at the cabin at 12.30ish but was broken when we came back arround 4-5pm there was a few people in there that we met the rest of the days and i doubt they did it

but that day only like 20 sleds (at the most) where up in belle that day

polcat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i actually gotta say the door was broken already at the 27th judy when we where up there

it wasnt broken when we stopped at the cabin at 12.30ish but was broken when we came back arround 4-5pm there was a few people in there that we met the rest of the days and i doubt they did it

but that day only like 20 sleds (at the most) where up in belle that day

Actually the door wasn't broken that day FossY, it just needed the ice scraped away from it and it closed fine.

heyjude

RIP Judy
Reaction score
Website
www.mountainhavenbb.vpweb.com
this is getting crazy,guys wrecking cabins..WTF,grow the hell up already...Is there not any way you guys can install those hunting camera and set itto take pics every 5min after it senses motion,this way at night it won't take take pics of nothing but as soon as someone opens the camera takes a pic and every 5min after that?
Actually 1 at the beacon checker and 1 at the cabin this way you have a pic of the guys going up,doing any damage and then back down and how about when they buy a pass they have to show you some kinda ID...Something has to be done because the volunteer's get paid nothing to do this and it sux they have to spend there time to fix something that some bonehead did.

The cameras would be a great idea, but we would have to purchase enough for all three cabins and collection areas (probably for the outhouses too for that matter - you would not believe what some people do). The club just doesn't have the money for these, nor are there enough volunteers to monitor and maintain them. Along with the groomer, the same two guys are basically doing all the work on three mountains. They are getting pretty tired, discouraged and are ready to give up altogether.

Last edited:

FossY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.zx7r.de
Actually the door wasn't broken that day FossY, it just needed the ice scraped away from it and it closed fine.

actually the loking side where the knob latches into was broken right out the frame

that was the reason it didnt stay shut

but yes the ice in the frame sides also was part of it

btcowboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The cameras would be a great idea, but we would have to purchase enough for all three cabins and collection areas (probably for the outhouses too for that matter - you would not believe what some people do). The club just doesn't have the money for these, nor are there enough volunteers to monitor them. Along with the groomer, the same two guys are basically doing all the work on three mountains. They are getting pretty tired, discouraged and are ready to give up altogether.

Tell them to keep their chins up, we appreciate all that the volunteers do to make our riding enjoyable. Yes there are the asshats, but they are the minority. We got the same type at work and let me tell you a story two...
Keep up the good work :beer:

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The regular trail cameras won't work, they just get stolen with the photos still inside.
There are however trail cameras that are connected to your home computer via satellite. They can steal the camera which is useless to them but their photos are in your email forever. Pricey though.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
getting really out of hand why do you gotta vanadalize the cabins and what did these volunteers ever do to you they work to maintain then some clowns come in and wreck a really good thing there the ones who probably get our prime areas shut down as well! we should almost do a snow and mud fundraiser for some good camers for some of these cabins getting damaged in all the riding areas give your heads a shake people we love this sport why ruin it with vandalizm isnt the point to RIDE AND HAVE FUN

Sled Den

Reaction score
getting really out of hand why do you gotta vanadalize the cabins and what did these volunteers ever do to you they work to maintain then some clowns come in and wreck a really good thing there the ones who probably get our prime areas shut down as well! we should almost do a snow and mud fundraiser for some good camers for some of these cabins getting damaged in all the riding areas give your heads a shake people we love this sport why ruin it with vandalizm isnt the point to RIDE AND HAVE FUN

Nicely said!!! Some people just don't think.

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We were there on the 30 and the 31, the inside molding that would hold the dooor closed was broken gone the day we arrived.

We left about 4:30 on the 31st and there was still about 15 sleds...

It is such a same, you guys do such a good job and it is frustrating to hear about this so I cant imagine how it makes you feel.

:beer::beer::beer::beer:

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thats exactly rite they dont think sledding is getting more and more to be a priviledge with the new laws and regulations and is azz hatz like this keep this up and other things like the trespassing issues going it wont be long till they try and shut us down or put more restricitions on us the snowmobilers! I hope someone cathes these guys redhanded and well beats them like a redheaded step child. dont even leave your cans and garbage in the cabins PACK IT OUT you brought it in and believe me it is easier to pack out your unempty wrappers and cans then when they were full!

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Cameras are a great idea for sure BUT if these sledders are beating up the cabins dont you think they will just beat the bejeebers out of these cameras. Maybe a fake security camera will fool them into thinking they are being watched. You know those black glowbs that are on the ceilings. Cheaper and may do ther trick. JMHO

Top Bottom