Beach Holiday

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking for info on all inclusive beach holiday places that are recomendable and on line booking experiences.

Turts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Royal Decameron in puerto Vallarta is a nice family resort.
Sol Palmeras in Varadaro, Cuba is a nice place too.
We book with Air Transat, Sunwing etc online all the time and have no issues.

Turts, typing on

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We stayed at Riu Jalisco in Puerto Vallarta two years ago. Nice resort and midway between the markets in PV and Bucerias.

Oilboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stayed at the same resort that Bnorth was at. Was a nice place food was decent, booze was plentiful, would go back.
Ask for a esspeciallo. ( strait booze whatever the bartender decides to put together)

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Grande Palladium on the Mayan Riviera. I've been twice and both times were an excellent experience

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was just at Dreams Puerto Aventuras south of Playa del Carmen. It was pretty good. But I like Cabo better...

JAD

Reaction score
I went to the iberostar pariso beach just north of playa del Carmen. Great resort service beach pool food everything. Nightlife wasn't huge there but if your looking for a relaxing vacation it's really good

I booked through west jet it was just as easy as any other flight took 5 minutes

Sent from my iPhone using

Last edited:

JP.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Grand Cayman.... Hands down beats most places, small island, lots of beaches and no third world crap.

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Depends what you want for a trip. I think you can have a great experience where ever you go and a big part of it is how good of a resort you're at. I didn't care for Dominican but blame that on the massive resort we stayed at, not that it was they're fault, my wife booked it. lol. Cuba was awesome both times we went. Dad got a smoking deal in Jamaica last year at a 3 or less star and basically was fead hamburgers and hotdogs and kept running out of alcohol.

52weekbreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have been to the Bahia Principe resort on the Mayan Rivera 7 times now. Resort is very nice and there are 4 separate resorts and you have the run of all four. Golf is there if you want it. We have stayed in 3 of the 4 but Akummel is our favourite. Food is excellent with a very good variety. Some night life but pretty much wraps up at midnight but when your first beer is at 11:00 AM I was ready for a sleep. Hard liquor is cut down which is handy or everyone would be I a coma by 4PM. Playa del Carmen is about 15 minutes up the road and costs $1.50 to get there by collectivo which is a series of 15 passenger buses that travel up and down the road. Lots of local attractions if you want (zip lines at X-Plor are great) but we mostly relax around the resort. West Jet, Air Transat or Air Canada vacations are how we have booked. We have always found the best prices on the Mayan at this resort and have never been disappointed.

growly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Royalton in Cayo Santa Maria Cuba. Booked through sunwing. 5 Star resort, treated like royalty. Only one breakfast buffet. Rest is ala-cart.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Kelly

Reaction score

Russell P

Reaction score
X2 for bahai principe. Loved the place, food was great and lots of attractions nearby. If you go there you have to go snorkelling at xelha. Place is amazing.

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well in ways these choices help but make it more difficult to choose. Nice beach and snorkling close and not out in the boonies. Choices choices.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Only heard good things about Jamaica.

Will never go to mexico again, two trips ruined from getting sick from the food. One was a friends wife and was stuck in a hospital for 4 days swiping their credit card daily. Other time my wife was sick in our hotel room for 3 days.

Heard cubas food sucks.

All high end hotels are nice. You need to read food reviews, thats the hit or miss.

wildman

Reaction score
Well in ways these choices help but make it more difficult to choose. Nice beach and snorkling close and not out in the boonies. Choices choices.
Went to cayo santa maria in cuba two years ago and varadero last year.You cant beat the beaches in cuba. stayed in ocean varadero which is a new resort. for cuba, the food was awesome. gonna try the mayan in feb. westjet is my choice

Last edited:

rotormech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we have been going to Hawaii for the last 5 years,it is a bit more expensive to get there but for us it is way better than the third world places,you can rent a car and go anywhere without any trouble.

Top Bottom