Rv antifreeze issues

09 arctic cat m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys you’s might want to check your rv lines out, we bought winter proof -50 antifreeze and looks like my 5th wheel lines are frozen solid toilet cracked out, aswell as our holiday trailer lines are frozen solid, must be a bad batch of antifreeze

Zrock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
or you did not get all the water out of the system and it got diluted... That is why i blow all the lines out first and then run the rv antifreeze through the system and fill the ptraps and toilet bowls..

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have never blown my water lines out. But will use lots of antifreeze in the lines. I usually do all the lines at least 2 times if not 3 times. I know I waste antifreeze but the cost for it is cheap compared to frozen lines. Would be real interesting if there is a bad batch of antifreeze

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where did you get it or what brand is it? My RV is inside cold storage and I push antifreeze through my lines until solid pink comes out for 10 seconds in all the taps, showers and toilet then pour some in the traps. Never had an issue before all these years.

The big greasy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where did you get it or what brand is it? My RV is inside cold storage and I push antifreeze through my lines until solid pink comes out for 10 seconds in all the taps, showers and toilet then pour some in the traps. Never had an issue before all these years.

That's the way I do it also. Always worked. I spoke with him, and he got it at Canadian tire. He showed me a picture of a fella who bought a jug and left it in the cold before using it. The jug froze solid and looked like a pink curling stone.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's the way I do it also. Always worked. I spoke with him, and he got it at Canadian tire. He showed me a picture of a fella who bought a jug and left it in the cold before using it. The jug froze solid and looked like a pink curling stone.
Wow! I got mine from NAPA so hopefully it’s alright.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’m thinking if he has picture proof Canadian Tire is picking up the bill?

2kDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I feel ya homeslice. Happened at work too for us.
We got a brand new Atco trailer about a week ago while it was -40 with wind. All the lines were frozen too. Frozen pink.
Maybe a bad year for anti freeze as you say ?
Thanks for sharing ! ?Maybe save someone a huge bill

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I blow our lines out, use an entire 10liter jug of antifreeze, and then blow that out when done so the traps have lots in them.

Its overkill, but if it saves even one broke line or fitting over the years then it's worth it.

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it was -44C where I was last week so it is a possibility for sure checking mine thanks

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rv antifreeze doesn’t expand when it gets cold, likely had water in there somewhere.

The big greasy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rv antifreeze doesn’t expand when it gets cold, likely had water in there somewhere.

I seen the picture of a frozen jug right from the store. So it must have been a bad batch I'm thinking, because nothing was added to the jug.

Top Bottom