Bc travel

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do we need a weekly thread on this topic???? Provincial governments can't close boarders, travel and ride, just be smart about. Obey local regulations, limit partying and contact in town, and be respectful. Pretty simple.

Yes they can. Look at the east coast. If BC did that, the sled season and work season is over.

Bury Me With My Toys

Reaction score
To bad for BC 4 more weeks of shut down,what business are goig to be left.
I live in BC, travel it frequently, and barely anything is closed. In the past 6 days I've stayed at 5 different hotels, all had restaurants open, plus I ate at a dozen other restaurants, was in many businesses, gas stations, stores, hospitals, and 3 car dealerships as I am car shopping. Barely any difference between now, or a year or two ago. Turn off the tv news, and cbc radio, get out there and live your life. I did come across a road block near Cache Creek. Lady officer asked me if I had been consuming alcohol, to which I answered 'no', and she told me to have a great day. She didn't even ask a single question of the two women riding with me. Fake news travels fast, just don't believe it, and you'll be fine.

Lunch_Box

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes they can. Look at the east coast. If BC did that, the sled season and work season is over.

You can still travel to the east coast. Not that you would want to. But the option is there, I was on my way there for a training course until work sent me to New Orleans instead.

brian h

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok so what has everyone been doing or heard about travelling to BC (Valemount, Mc Bride)
We all know how were NOT suppose to be travelling unless were from the same family but come on who can afford to take 4 vehicles to BC
We all see the units rolling into the staging area and 4 guys jump out and away they go
Alberta is suppose to be getting a update on the 11th but who knows from there
Any help?
Danny this has been asked by others numerous times but if you do the social distance measures like here in alberta it has not been a issue. You guys stay at Wisper creek cabins so don't have to worry about restaurants , Just be like you are here, don't use cabins, go and ride

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I live in BC, travel it frequently, and barely anything is closed. In the past 6 days I've stayed at 5 different hotels, all had restaurants open, plus I ate at a dozen other restaurants, was in many businesses, gas stations, stores, hospitals, and 3 car dealerships as I am car shopping. Barely any difference between now, or a year or two ago. Turn off the tv news, and cbc radio, get out there and live your life. I did come across a road block near Cache Creek. Lady officer asked me if I had been consuming alcohol, to which I answered 'no', and she told me to have a great day. She didn't even ask a single question of the two women riding with me. Fake news travels fast, just don't believe it, and you'll be fine.

Apparently 7 times faster than factual information....

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can still travel to the east coast. Not that you would want to. But the option is there, I was on my way there for a training course until work sent me to New Orleans instead.

You have to quarantine once you get to your destination in the maritimes.

Lunch_Box

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You have to quarantine once you get to your destination in the maritimes.

That also depends. Most of the time yes, but that means you can still travel there. But you can still get around that if needed.

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got back from Revy, town was open happy to see us, restaurants open was nice, we stayed at the HillCrest was only 34 guests on occupancy of 170, no heli skiers this year. Chit load of sledders in town boulder parking lots were packed and spending money! once again do not believe the BS news or the crap their Mayor Gary Sulz is saying, another jackass politician who’s pay has been affected zero all while service workers and small businesses are affected.

Attachments

• FBA78C9D-0F29-4C7A-8C13-A5F14E804B39.jpeg
    FBA78C9D-0F29-4C7A-8C13-A5F14E804B39.jpeg
    79.4 KB · Views: 233

TDR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep just returned from a 10 day trip. All of the communities we visited welcomed us with open arms. Hotels and restaurants expressing their thanks for the business. We followed the guidelines and social distanced just like the locals. No issue whatsoever. Saw many other sledders doing the same.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That also depends. Most of the time yes, but that means you can still travel there. But you can still get around that if needed.

I have property and family down there. If it was that easy I would of went there this summer.

Lunch_Box

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have property and family down there. If it was that easy I would of went there this summer.

I would have been heading that way in December, so not sure if things lightened up by then or not. Also just need a letter from work stating your travel is for essential work.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dont go to Oliver or Osoyoos BC...

Its all Alberta plates for as far as you can see...

Jt

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would have been heading that way in December, so not sure if things lightened up by then or not. Also just need a letter from work stating your travel is for essential work.

Yep, that’s different if your essential. Tried that route actually, and its even more difficult if your driving across the two borders In the maritimes.
Visiting or recreational your screwed. As to my point earlier, if BC decided to do the same. The province did it to the pipeline construction.

Lunch_Box

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep, that’s different if your essential. Tried that route actually, and its even more difficult if your driving across the two borders In the maritimes.
Visiting or recreational your screwed. As to my point earlier, if BC decided to do the same. The province did it to the pipeline construction.

Ya I can see driving being harder for sure, I was flying in. And we all know how well our boarders are "closed down" right now. Hell coming back from New Orleans I came through Vancouver, the amount of out of country people coming and leaving with ski/snowboard gear was insane.

bbsummit1

Reaction score
Thanks Brian. One of the big questions is trailing to BC with the boys in the truck.
We would all wear masks but is it allowed

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks Brian. One of the big questions is trailing to BC with the boys in the truck.
We would all wear masks but is it allowed
You would wear masks in the truck?

Don't think masks will help on a 8hr trip.

You will all be sharing the same air.

Top Bottom