BC plates on a pro/assault

EthanWbr

Reaction score
where is everybody putting the new BC license plate on a pro/assault

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
dont even mount it till it mandatory ethan,,keep it in ur backpack or tunnel bag,,them plates are gonna end up being stickers i bet. Question is is where are u gonna mount that plate on ur bike??

stomper

Reaction score
When I lived in AB I rode with the plate tucked up behind the left foot well. Was never asked to see the plate in 20+ years of mountain riding. On my Pro its going in the under seat bag as the manufacturer didn't provide an engineered place for it. LOL

EthanWbr

Reaction score
if i have to mount it on my bike its gonna go on the back side of my number plate, thanks guys for the info its just gonna go into my tunnel bag for now

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
why would I pay to reregister a machine that has a perfectly good yellow registration decal on it?

Exactly!!!! It's already legally registered! They can't just retroactively make it illegal! Can't believe people are falling for this crap!

Because the government in the Communist Province of British Columbia says so.

Yup. And the judge is going to say they can't the first time it gets challenged in court!

SavageCanuck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've registered all my sleds and never once put on the yellow decal. Never been checked or asked to see it ever 8 new sleds since 2001.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Exactly!!!! It's already legally registered! They can't just retroactively make it illegal! Can't believe people are falling for this crap!

Yup. And the judge is going to say they can't the first time it gets challenged in court!

No they won't. Laws can be changed and amended and that's what the government did. They aren't saying old yellow stickers are illegal, they are saying that the old system is no longer up to date to meet current laws and requirements for vehicle licensing and registration and therefore all must make themselves compliant by re-registering.
You don't have to like it, but that's the way it is.
Not sure why y'all are so butthurt about it. It's been this way in almost every other province for several years now. Also in most states as well.

4Cats

Reaction score
Mount it ....oh chucked in the toolbox under the seat,,,thats where mine is,,,ICBC, nor the RCMP could answer that question,,,they looked at me and giggled about the whole thing

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sask plate fits perfectly in the bottom of my small mountain addiction bag......

is it a smaller plate like a motorcycle plate? or car sized

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
its motorcycle sized. My insurance broker said keep it on the sled (bag or underseat) until 'they' figure out where to mount it

I was thinking about tyrapping it to the rear bumper/flap?

But I would prefer to just keep it in my truck

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
its motorcycle sized. My insurance broker said keep it on the sled (bag or underseat) until 'they' figure out where to mount it

I was thinking about tyrapping it to the rear bumper/flap?

But I would prefer to just keep it in my truck

It gets all bent up from stucks and wheelies back there. A friend of mine used a dirt bike licence plate mount and sandwiched it between his seat bracket and seat. Looked not bad, cant see it when you got stuff on your tunnel.

Top Bottom