ball joints - which brand to use for my dodge ?

Johnny

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got to do the ball joints on my 06 Dodge diesel, any recommendations on which to buy as the dodge ones simply dont last and Id like to use parts that will survive for a while. Thankx in advance PS new snow on the mountains here today

Pecos

Reaction score
Spicer.....hands down......stay away from the Moog......I've installed well over 500 sets on the dodges and fords.....Napa sells them, not sure who else does.....

Pecos

Reaction score
Napa will sell at least 2 different brands......I'm all for greasable.....but stay away from the cheaper "white box" crap.....some spicers are gresable and some are not....just depends on the year....I can't remember if the 06 has them or not...the only problem with those greaseable types is most people over grease the heck out of them...the thing to remember with ANY greasable joint is to only pump enough in to see the boot expand.....then stop! Once grease starts pushing out around the boot, you've just opened a hiway for water and dirt to get in....once the seal on those boots cracks it's only a matter of time....

Some applications will come with a grease zerk and a plug......grease it and then remove the zerk, install plug....the clearance between the zerk and the axle is not sufficient to leave the zerk in without it getting torn off.........

Johnny

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Carli looks like an amazing company but the $800 is out of my budget for ball joints right now....:rant:

campingnut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go with the good NAPA (I think they also have a lifetime warranty) and you will be happy. I used to believe in Moog but not anymore.

brutematt750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have moot in my dodge and they have been fine. They where put in by a very reputable shop. If they have lifetime warranty then there shouldn't be anything bad about them.

Top Bottom