Bad Quad Accident in Redwater

clint/KTM/16

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what else can we do though? i hate the hippi type where its all about save the enviroment and that quads and other vehicles are bad energy and crapt like that but on the other hand i think that people should just honestly THINK! and be senseful on trails and ask permission to ride on private land and such. i am not going to tell anyone that they have to wear a helmet and full gear like i do now but i will voice my oppinion that they SHOULD! what else can we do?

man i so agree with u, u and i are friends and we ride together at the sandpit and cuz of a couple of people witout permission went there bein all cool and burnt a car its now closed and its been closed awhile not sure when it is openin. and its the only place me and skyboy have to ride around our houses. there has also been people on 450 sport quads with no helmets they werent crazy or anything but your better safe then sorry.

G

Guest1

Peeps that do stupid things (NO HELMIT) or GET DRUNK and then go QUAD/SLED deserve what they get...NUFF SAID.

plumbum

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.outlawatvclub.com
sure it does. that is my problem with these morons doing this. it gets in the news. it portrays the repsonsible riders badly. they dont look at that . we are all lumpesd in together. and unltimatley if you want to continue riding you better start caring. these guys and gals will get us shut down eventually or so regulated that you may as well just get a beater car and ride the gravel backroads. it'll be the same.

redrum

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How does it affect us ALL? Doesn't affect me in the least.

Sure it does... The more idiots out there getting hurt, drinking and ride`n, cutting fences,etc.... Will get property owners and gov`t involved in limiting what and where we will be able to ride in the future... The last thing we need is more laws on ohv`s.

G

Guest1

I never said I didn't care about area's being shut-down..I do..what I said was I don't care about STUIP peeps that get DRUNK...Quad/Sled and then kill themselves or become...GOT VEGGIE and need to have their diapers changed.

If what you state was true we wouldn't be allowed to drive cars or motorcycles...they kill more peeps then Quads or Sleds.

What shuts down area's is YAHOO's that don't have any RESPECT for the enviorment that is ALL of ours to use and enjoy. Just because a STUPID DRUNK PEEP crashes his quad in a ditch, backroad or farmers field won't close down an area.

Brute Force Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I never said I didn't care about area's being shut-down..I do..what I said was I don't care about STUIP peeps that get DRUNK...Quad/Sled and then kill themselves or become...GOT VEGGIE and need to have their diapers changed.

If what you state was true we wouldn't be allowed to drive cars or motorcycles...they kill more peeps then Quads or Sleds.

What shuts down area's is YAHOO's that don't have any RESPECT for the enviorment that is ALL of ours to use and enjoy. Just because a STUPID DRUNK PEEP crashes his quad in a ditch, backroad or farmers field won't close down an area.

Have you tried to insure a new car as a 25 and under male? Its an arm and a leg, same goes for insuring a quad/sled, prices will keep going up if people keep dieing because of not wearing helmets.

So really, its gonna effect all of us.

• Recommends
Reactions: LBZ

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One should not forget that this sport has become more and more popular, there is more people riding today than ever.. The machines are being built bigger, and faster. This allowing people to go places and do things that one was not able to do before. Don't know if there is an increase in the poor judgement riders, but with an increase in the volume of people in the sport... likely. Society has changed to ... when I was young and someone told me or asked me to do something.... well....... i never told them what they could do and how to get there. I did it. Crossing someones wheat field would have got you an a$$ wooping... cutting fences was insane... grounds for the firing squad...lol. guess what i'm saying is people have no respect for others anymore, not all but lots. Last thing i need on a nice day of riding is coming across a drunkin / reckless person on the trail, bush, or alpine and deal with the mess because they have made a poor judgement. Not saying that i have not made poor choices. But why in this day and age with all the 411 out there is there so many people out there not concidering the risks? How wants to be known as a statistic.... I would rather not.... anyway......

G

Guest1

Have you tried to insure a new car as a 25 and under male? Its an arm and a leg, same goes for insuring a quad/sled, prices will keep going up if people keep dieing because of not wearing helmets. So really, its gonna effect all of us.

No because I am a soon to be OVER 50 male and still have a decent record and NO suspensions. I do realize it costs young drivers BIG $$$ for insurance and I will know that personally when my daughter turns 16 next year.

So again I ask how does this affect me?

OVER!!!

ps...please tell me your kidding that you think insurance prices go up because STUPID peeps are DIEING or becoming GARDEN SALADS not wearing HELMITS.

Insurance rates are based on the replacement cost of the item being insured and what the RISK factor of the peep insuring it is (including age which = EXPERIENCE)

plumbum

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.outlawatvclub.com

ok when you clarified it it sounds more reasonable. i too could care less about somebody killing themselves because of stupidity. i just dont want to see or hear of them taking somebody with them. as well it would be really nice if they didnt hit the dman news. that is what i am tired of hearing about. like i said you should see the loks i get when i tell someone my kids ride. this publicity is what will cause more laws for the rest of us. and as per typical the government may make bad judgements on which laws to introduce based on idiots. not the majority and responsible riders.

Brute Force Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ps...please tell me your kidding that you think insurance prices go up because STUPID peeps are DIEING or becoming GARDEN SALADS not wearing HELMETS.

Insurance rates are based on the replacement cost of the item being insured and what the RISK factor of the peep insuring it is (including age which = EXPERIENCE)

I'd find it hard to believe that if insurance companies are paying out more money because of increased claims (increase in the sport = more claims) that even though you and I are older that our insurance won't go up as well.

I've also seen our local bylaws chance to where you have to transport you quad out of town to ride instead of from your house, this was a result of jerk quadders.

Ps: FABSTER, I'm not saying all this effects you personally but it does effect most of us as responsible riders.

G

Guest1

Our insurance goes up or down proportionately on dozens of factors.

FABSTER, I'm not saying all this effects you personally but it does effect responsible riders.

Agreed :beer: ( but not if your driving...;) ) and as far JERKWAD quadders disobeying the bylaws those peeps should be punched in da TOQUE...:d

Snowdin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ps...please tell me your kidding that you think insurance prices go up because STUPID peeps are DIEING or becoming GARDEN SALADS not wearing HELMITS.

Absolutely insurance rates go up because STUPID peeps are doing stupid things. As more claims are made the insurance rates go up and because of those bone heads causing the rates to go up, that effects us all.

G

Guest1

Absolutely insurance rates go up because STUPID peeps are doing stupid things. As more claims are made the insurance rates go up and because of those bone heads causing the rates to go up, that effects us all.

STUPID PEEPS don't usually have insurance ;) so unless they injure/KILL only themselves it doesn't cost us (me) a dime....if they injure or kill someone else or cause property damage and they are insured it is their rate that goes up not mine.

Top Bottom