Backpacks, What is everyone using ???

chickenman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dakine Poacher-
lots of room for avy gear, survival gear, food, water etc... top load with and access panel through the front. Great bag IMHO. I also have an original heli pack that I use for days cruising around the flats.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ABS 30L, about 10 of the 12 people I ride with have the same size. Any bigger and to much weight on your back. ABS 15L avy bag is a little short on space. Also use windshield, bar and tunnel bags depending on length of trip.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
abs 30l, about 10 of the 12 people i ride with have the same size. Any bigger and to much weight on your back. Abs 15l avy bag is a little short on space. Also use windshield, bar and tunnel bags depending on length of trip.

the fellow is from ontario, so i don't think he needs an avy bag........?? Just sayin'

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If I'm being too obtrusive, I can remove this post, but what do people think of their avy bags? Do they fit nice and snug? Can you carry everything you need in it? Would you be able to snowboard downhill while wearing one?

Just curious

That's not obtrusive Jay, it's a perfectly legitimate question.

I personally hate wearing a pack of any kind....but I wear a Snowpulse 30L avy bag because I want to continue being able to hate wearing a pack of any kind! It fits great, and it's as comfortable as any pack I own. I could "probably" carry everything I need in it, but I only carry emergency gear in it like shovel, probe, survival kit and spare gloves because.....did I mention I hate wearing a pack of any kind? :p The rest of my convenience stuff is stored in various places on my sled. I don't snowboard, but I bet you could wear it all day long boarding...as long as you don't hate wearing a pack of any kind! :d

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a HMK pack for when I’m on the flat land, and it works just fine. Holds everything I need and is comfortable to wear.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just bought a Orthovox bag, Its got inside pockets for shovel and probe so you cant lose them and its super light.
The real test will be next week when i give it a go in revy

the fellow is from ontario, so i don't think he needs an avy bag........?? Just sayin'

OOps my dumb!!! But if he hits open water he won't sink:eek::d

Top Bottom