Backpack Choices

Superford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am looking for a small backpack to hold a shovel, probe spare fleece etc. I don't want it to be too bulky. What brand & model of backpack are people using?

doublek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I also have an SOS one and I have no complaints. Everthing is accessible, has lots of storage space, but isn't bulky.

summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought a nice pack at Mountain Equipment Co-Op. Been using it now for about 8 years and it is still as good as new. When I replace mine I will be going back there.

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
HMK backcountry. Lot's of storage and still relatively small and very comfortable. sit's nice and high so it's above the seat when you're sitting.

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
I got a SOS & like it.... But then again never had anything else other than a Crappy tire & costco School bags.

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have had a BCA bag nice and light, lacking in storage, but has a bladder system included. I have a SOS bag, lots of storage,is water bladder capable, almost to many pockets to remember where everything is. Now use a ABS pack, (Escape 15), ample storage, comfortable, only down fall is the price, but then what is a life jacket in really rough water worth to one who's not a good swimmer? ..............You never know.

Sledgirl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the Deuter Futura pack with a mesh frame that keeps the actual volume of the pack away from you, so your Goretex can still breath. It's super light and comfortable.

MEC carries them for $83.

If you open the link then click on "Aircomfort Futura" at the bottom, there is a diagram and explanation of the features.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have an ABS30 but never fill it up,bladder capable. I thought MEC was on the black list as they promote closing sled areas down?

Sledgirl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree MEC doesn't promote sledding as a great outdoor recreational activity. I haven't found another place that carried the Deuter backpacks in Edmonton, however.

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Trying out the Black Diamond 30L Avalung pack from MEC, seems good so far. Nice storage in the front for shovel, saw, probes etc. comfortable,

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For just a small pack I use the MEC Dragonfly. For a much nicer shovel, probe, camera and hydration friendly pack I use a Dakine Heli Pro. Heli Pro is an amazing pack.

Billy Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have an SOS and have no complaints. Lots of room I have even carried my Snow Bungie in the pack!!

Billy Boy:cool:

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought a pack from MEC a few years ago that works really. Can't find it on their website anymore. I just bought a Dakine Helipack. It's not too bulky either.

Top Bottom