B.C. risks return to severe pandemic restrictions

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On the same stupid topic here is what Manitoba is trying to do:

Businesses that sell essential items such as food, medication, office supplies and major appliances will be required to remove any non-essential goods from the shelves or rope off those areas.

Like how are businesses expected to
pick up the cost of this stupid move? Who makes the decision what is essential? Is Lea & Perrins or Ketchup essential? Are all vegetables and fruits essential? What about the various cuts/types of meat? How do we fix stupid???
The problem is Doug is that Walmart or Costco sell food and clothes, toys, et all and they get to stay open. Smaller mom and pop stores that don't sell food with their clothing line are shut down. Its not fair especially when you consider that you have a far bigger chance of getting the Vid from Costco than you do Bobs tie shop.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
The problem is Doug is that Walmart or Costco sell food and clothes, toys, et all and they get to stay open. Smaller mom and pop stores that don't sell food with their clothing line are shut down. Its not fair especially when you consider that you have a far bigger chance of getting the Vid from Costco than you do Bobs tie shop.
Ken, I think you missed the point. What things in a store are essential? The store stays open but the merchant has to remove or curtain/rope off the non-essential products.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Manitobahstan is going full retard. Never go full retard!
On the same stupid topic here is what Manitoba is trying to do:

Businesses that sell essential items such as food, medication, office supplies and major appliances will be required to remove any non-essential goods from the shelves or rope off those areas.

Like how are businesses expected to
pick up the cost of this stupid move? Who makes the decision what is essential? Is Lea & Perrins or Ketchup essential? Are all vegetables and fruits essential? What about the various cuts/types of meat? How do we fix stupid???

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ken, I think you missed the point. What things in a store are essential? The store stays open but the merchant has to remove or curtain/rope off the non-essential products.
Your govt tells you what is essential. Lol. I was using my comparison based on the first lockdown in March.

Foxstar45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm letting my sled insurance lapse and not booking any sled trips. Also mentally dealing with the expectation that I won't get to go sledding in BC this year due to the government rules.
I read today that BC doesn't gaf about people coming to the province for whatever. Suggesting that we don't is exactly the same as encouraging us to do it. Suggestions aren't rules.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like Trudeau is gonna shut down the country tomorrow morning. And.................we get coward of the cottage again every morning at 11am EST starting tomorrow

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No but waanna go to a AA meeting?

7da53fef8172f5b6c3bd0b0700fcbf51.jpg

Reactions: RXN

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Realistically the out of province sled and ski community is a very small percentage of spreading the corona. There’s a much bigger problem on the mainland there dealing with. Anything east is not really in distress. If you do the math on things, 99% of the population in B.C. will be okay tomorrow. Keep in mind Horgan was going to talk to trudope about provincial border shut down. This type of action needs federal approval, I believe he cannot complete this task. Out of his jurisdiction. Keep that in mind, as he’s not inaugurated until Tuesday?

Not sure how these ski hills are going to function. Some, not all, do require outside residents to help support the hill. Kicking horse for instance, demographically there’s just not enough people in golden to keep it open. Could be wrong but I doubt it.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just watched the news release for the updated restrictions in BC. I am happy that they still have not closed the province to the rest of Canada. Could be tough for some though that don't have a place to stay out there. Maybe guys are going to have to rent a place for the winter so they have a place to call home.

negative on rentals or B&b. Pretty sure that was on the $2000 fine list. As well gatherings over 6 people... another $2k. Ohh and hanging out with rabdoms... another $2k.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
negative on rentals or B&b. Pretty sure that was on the $2000 fine list. As well gatherings over 6 people... another $2k. Ohh and hanging out with rabdoms... another $2k.
I hang out with randoms every day at work, my CO workers lol

Top Bottom