B.C. risks return to severe pandemic restrictions

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure what you are talking about? I'm talking about refunding memberships when travel is restricted (or pushing meberships to the following year or partial discounts on future years based on the time of year the season is canceled) or coming out and saying something about vandalism and confrontations in parking lots should it still be legal to travel. Some support for the out of town sledders would be nice but When asked about issues they seem to be silent. Some communication would be nice. I'm well aware of what they cannot control and am not suggesting they break the law. Just some more communication would be nice, considering the vast amount of money over the years is from out of town.
It's a crazy world right now, I know our club is struggling to plan for this winter. Lots of uncertainty, give them sometime to figure things out or as I said get involved with the club and help make decisions. These are volunteers who have full-time jobs and families and try to squeeze in some sledding.

As far as vandalism what do you want them to do? Hire security for the entire province? Honestly There was not that many incidents contrary to what the news said.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
126213013_10164257255065585_4075811058438676985_n.jpg

Pedaling pete

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's a crazy world right now, I know our club is struggling to plan for this winter. Lots of uncertainty, give them sometime to figure things out or as I said get involved with the club and help make decisions. These are volunteers who have full-time jobs and families and try to squeeze in some sledding.

As far as vandalism what do you want them to do? Hire security for the entire province? Honestly There was not that many incidents contrary to what the news said.

In revelstoke certain club members get paid 70g a year by the club. But yeah get what you are saying though.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm letting my sled insurance lapse and not booking any sled trips. Also mentally dealing with the expectation that I won't get to go sledding in BC this year due to the government rules.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I understand the want to be in the hills, we typically go 3 or 4 times a season.... That said I've done some awesome riding in Alberta, the golden triangle offers some great off trail riding often in 3/4/5 feet of fresh. Fort Mcmurray was awesome, the trail system is great and there are LOTS of play areas often with lots of snow.... It's not BC but it's a ton of fun.

If Saskabush is an option this year we were hoping to rent a cabin and spend a week up around Meadow Lake or Prince Albert area

wheels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your right Adamg the mental health of people not being able to get out and enjoy thier passions wether its sledding ski/snowboarding or ice climbing or whatever is going to be affected huge. People are struggling and need outlets to escape daily stress. They have shut sports down gyms dance yoga but tell you to stay active!! Bunch of hypocrites.

Ricki Bobby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey how come the same internet tough guys calling for a civil war are scared to cross the 'closed' border to go sledding?
I’ll be going sledding unless it’s actually against the law. I own property there and won’t see anyone unless I run into them in the backcountry, but I rarely do.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went to the local post office and the sign said mask must to worn but when I went in to get a parcel the employee's never had mask on.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just watched the news release for the updated restrictions in BC. I am happy that they still have not closed the province to the rest of Canada. Could be tough for some though that don't have a place to stay out there. Maybe guys are going to have to rent a place for the winter so they have a place to call home.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just watched the news release for the updated restrictions in BC. I am happy that they still have not closed the province to the rest of Canada. Could be tough for some though that don't have a place to stay out there. Maybe guys are going to have to rent a place for the winter so they have a place to call home.
It's funny BC residents are not supposed to travel outside their community but yet others can come here???
It's like the Curly and Moe show running the province.
The press release puts hot yoga along side with spin classes as shut down.... Wtf they couldn't be more different. Yoga is quiet and people slowly breath, spin classes is full on torture spitting trying to breath...
No meeting with anyone other than household but grandparents who are at most risk are ok to pick up kids at school who have been socializing with 30 other kids....

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's funny BC residents are not supposed to travel outside their community but yet others can come here???
It's like the Curly and Moe show running the province.
The press release puts hot yoga along side with spin classes as shut down.... Wtf they couldn't be more different. Yoga is quiet and people slowly breath, spin classes is full on torture spitting trying to breath...
No meeting with anyone other than household but grandparents who are at most risk are ok to pick up kids at school who have been socializing with 30 other kids....
Sadly politicians have to much power for people that probably have less smarts than any of us. Look at the rogues gallery in Ottawa right now. None of the 5 players at the top of the Liberal pile of steaming chit have any credentials to run a country. None. What in the blue hell are people voting in???

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
On the same stupid topic here is what Manitoba is trying to do:
[FONT=&quot]
Businesses that sell essential items such as food, medication, office supplies and major appliances will be required to remove any non-essential goods from the shelves or rope off those areas.

Like how are businesses expected to [/FONT][FONT=Open Sans, sans-serif]pick up the cost of this stupid move? Who makes the decision what is essential? Is Lea & Perrins or Ketchup essential? Are all vegetables and fruits essential? What about the various cuts/types of meat? How do we fix stupid???[/FONT]

Top Bottom