Axys demo rides

Lococoin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had heard rumour there weren't going to be any demo rides this spring. Has anyone heard otherwise?

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have not heard. I phoned polaris and they told me to talk to dealers I just pmed cycle works who posted that they will have a display model.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It would aid my decision a lot if they did have demos out there, even if I can't get out to ride one. I heard from a Poo salesman today that the chaincase in the 3" ruins the sled compared to the QD in the 2.6". I find it hard to believe, but puts doubt in my mind.

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It would aid my decision a lot if they did have demos out there, even if I can't get out to ride one. I heard from a Poo salesman today that the chaincase in the 3" ruins the sled compared to the QD in the 2.6". I find it hard to believe, but puts doubt in my mind.
Did you happen to hear the podcast where snowest interviews the polaris engineering team and I believe they touch on that briefly. There is a link on one of the threads here.

Cycle Works West

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.cycleworks.com
Our DSM from Polaris has informed us they're throwing the idea of having a demo day around for the new PRO sometime in the fall, this is not a finalized decision but they're thinking about it, no location or anymore information known right now. If Polaris decides to go ahead with a demo day they'll make an announcement, that's all we've been told as of right now.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well let your DSM know that is a major fail as far as I am concerned for a new sled to be released and the guys in Western Canada don't even have an opportunity to ride the sled yet they want us to snowcheck them. I do not even know if I will like the changes, sorry I was on the fence if I would snow check one and I really figured riding one in the next month would seal the deal for me to snowcheck. Now I know I am just not snow checking and they can have a year to work out the bugs.

The day after they released the XM I was riding those sleds. Riding one was enough for me to decide to buy a Polaris the following winter. Not riding the new Axys Pro is enough for me to not buy one.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well let your DSM know that is a major fail as far as I am concerned for a new sled to be released and the guys in Western Canada don't even have an opportunity to ride the sled yet they want us to snowcheck them. I do not even know if I will like the changes, sorry I was on the fence if I would snow check one and I really figured riding one in the next month would seal the deal for me to snowcheck. Now I know I am just not snow checking and they can have a year to work out the bugs.

The day after they released the XM I was riding those sleds. Riding one was enough for me to decide to buy a Polaris the following winter. Not riding the new Axys Pro is enough for me to not buy one.
100 %, w.t.h are polaris thinking or lack there of

I would never buy something with out riding a sample

Mabe there having problems still and aren't ready to be sold or road yet

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes talking to my former dealer He mentioned that the Dsms and contest winners from dealers got to ride it and of course guys like brown, burant and adams. I was informed that maybe backus has rode it as well. The combination of us dollar and new tech has made these sleds fairly pricy as well.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes talking to my former dealer He mentioned that the Dsms and contest winners from dealers got to ride it and of course guys like brown, burant and adams. I was informed that maybe backus has rode it as well. The combination of us dollar and new tech has made these sleds fairly pricy as well.

That explains the axys rmk price. What's doo's excuse? Made in Canada with an eight year old chassis and six year old motor.

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Agreed.
I was on the fence as well, hoping to get on a demo ride this month and make a final decision. I guess I'll ride my 12 another year (the MTNTK Drop In kit only has 300 miles on it anyway), and try to ride one next year, and snowcheck a 17. Though, I did ride a T3 74 this year, and and I have to say I'm much happier on the Pro.

Last edited:

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Agreed.
I was on the fence as well, hoping to get on a demo ride this month and make a final decision. I guess I'll ride my 12 another year (the MTNTK Drop In kit only has 300 miles on it anyway), and try to ride one next year, and snowcheck a 17. Though, a did ride a T3 74 this year, and and I have to say I'm much happier on the Pro.

If we learned anything this year, it is that Polaris, Doo, and Cat dealers are all too happy to give out a better deal mid-season than at snowcheck. So you probably are better off waiting until you can ride one next year.

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If we learned anything this year, it is that Polaris, Doo, and Cat dealers are all too happy to give out a better deal mid-season than at snowcheck. So you probably are better off waiting until you can ride one next year.
it is our dollar that is causing the spike in retail price on cat/poo maybe in a more favorable position later

Top Bottom