Awesome rider tip. Will improve your skilz instantly!

teamdirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Snowmobiler's Hand Signals | Safe Riders! Snowmobile Safety Awareness Program

Spend 5 minutes and figure out why that guy coming down the trail is giving you the peace sign or showing you how badly he fisted your gf last night.

You shouldn't even be able to purchase a sled or register it unless you can pass an exam with these simple hand signals.

Stop running into each other!

Your welcome!

Last edited:

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love putting up a few fingers to say how many behind me, and getting a friendly "Hi!, Im sledding too!" wave

-lenny-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What's the snow like in valemount

Solid.

last-sled.jpg

stonycat

Reaction score
So let's get this straight . When you put up two fingers. There are 2 behind you ? Two including you ? You have sledded for two days ? Or there are two other groups behind you that you don't know about . I'm one of the people that wave hello , because I really don't care about your fingers. I'm just going to drive with common sense, which sometimes is lacking .. Just my 2c.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So let's get this straight . When you put up two fingers. There are 2 behind you ? Two including you ? You have sledded for two days ? Or there are two other groups behind you that you don't know about . I'm one of the people that wave hello , because I really don't care about your fingers. I'm just going to drive with common sense, which sometimes is lacking .. Just my 2c.
really not the hard to figure out.... 2 means 2 more following, 3 means 3 more..... its a courtesy thing like using signal lights.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
really not the hard to figure out.... 2 means 2 more following, 3 means 3 more..... its a courtesy thing like using signal lights.

teamdirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Try the link. Pretty self explanatory.

Grizzly4323

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know we went through this with Lori@Zacs doing Avy course So I would have to say that most of you know.
Have used it several times. For example going up Owl Head couple weeks ago caught up to groomer he pulled over to let us by. Operator wanted to know how many coming behind me so I noticed he put up one finger all I had to do was give him the closed fist when I went by, telling him that no one was behind me. He knew exactly what I meant and was able to get right back at his job. Worked super slick. Great way to communicate and its a great tool!!

stonycat

Reaction score
I agree.in that case But I feel it's impossible to know how many sleds are directly behind you ,and if every body knows how to do this ok. 80% do not . It's just opening doors for stupidity .. Every body just drive on the right and all is good lol. And don't hit anybody in my group .

Nikm17

Reaction score
If someone passes and signals how many are behind them I usually try to signal back. But sometimes we ride in big groups and there are more riders behind me than I can show with one hand

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree.in that case But I feel it's impossible to know how many sleds are directly behind you ,and if every body knows how to do this ok. 80% do not . It's just opening doors for stupidity .. Every body just drive on the right and all is good lol. And don't hit anybody in my group .

Don't need to know any more than who's in your own group, each leader looks after their own....
Was taught the signals 40 years ago..... shows the lack of knowledge and respect in the new riders.
Kinda like yesterday, we were having a coffee in a small clearing and 4 bad ass riders needed to come and show their skills to us by doing donuts around us.....

Last edited:

teamdirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
4 bad ass riders needed to come and show their skills to us by doing donuts around us.....

This honestly only happens in Invermere. And i will say this has happened to me twice in 15+ years at Forester Pass and never any other staging area in BC. The funny **** is that it was from two different generations of local snowmobilers...The only place in the world where locals think its there right to be an a-hole.

Top Bottom