Avalanche Interview

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe not good but I guarantee that's the attitude of a shocking majority of experienced sledders as well as those that participate in other extreme sports. "It won't happen to me because I have the training and skill" or "I don't go into risky areas so I'll be fine" are common statements I've heard countless times.

Any activity except sitting on your couch comes with a certain amount of risk. How you mitigate prepare and educate yourself on the risk determines your chances if you survive the activity or not.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
I can't even read these articles anymore, because once I get to the comments sections, I just wanna smash the phuck out of these people's faces!!

What is wrong with humans these days? Saying these men DESERVED to die? Anyone that makes a comment like that deserves to have the absolute chit kicked out of them. SOOOO angry!!!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk.

DooDoo

Reaction score
I can't even read these articles anymore, because once I get to the comments sections, I just wanna smash the phuck out of these people's faces!!

What is wrong with humans these days? Saying these men DESERVED to die? Anyone that makes a comment like that deserves to have the absolute chit kicked out of them. SOOOO angry!!!

I agree with you 100%. I get so angry it just makes me want to reply to every comment and smash my poor computer. Good thing I know its not the computers fault or it would be dead. One I got a kick out of was "they should have insurance and registration to go out in the mountains." Stupid people don't even have a clue what they are talking about.

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
The one that made smoke come outta my ears was "Mother nature will sort out these idiots". I love how these assholes will say anything when they're hiding behind a keyboard. You can bet if he said that to someone's face, his would be smashed in before he could say the last word. They just don't think. What if one of these poor gentleman's families was reading this article?

Ugh. It's infuriating!!!!

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe not good but I guarantee that's the attitude of a shocking majority of experienced sledders as well as those that participate in other extreme sports. "It won't happen to me because I have the training and skill" or "I don't go into risky areas so I'll be fine" are common statements I've heard countless times.

Any activity except sitting on your couch comes with a certain amount of risk. How you mitigate prepare and educate yourself on the risk determines your chances if you survive the activity or not.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
Been saying that for years, if u get off the couch u have just as much chance of something happening to u if not more

Ur not the only one, they are clueless

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been saying that for years, if u get off the couch u have just as much chance of something happening to u if not more

Ur not the only one, they are clueless
didn't you just say this in another thread about avalanches?

As bad as it is to say, sometimes stupid people will sort the stupid people gene pool out

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i drove the deer foot for 24 years from didsbury and feel safer riding my sled in the mountains any day.most of those idiots that say that crap live in the suburbs and never get out and enjoy the winter, never mind owning a snowmobile. the media love the comments because it makes the news and they will do anything to twist it to look bad. getting killed by an accident is one thing but going to school and getting killed by a gun person you don't hear these idiot say well they shouldn't have gone to school that day

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
deaths that happen in any form whether accidental, natural or thru poor lifestyle choices are sad we all make these choices daily. The media needs to be responsible and from what I am seeing over this event that happened in renshaw I see more evidence of irresponsibility than responsible reporting. I think trying to get them names of the victims prior to family notification is irresponsible. I applaud some the articles that reported the facts and went on to remind people of safe riding behaviors. I also want to thank the mods of this site for there professionalism during this hard time.

Last edited:

polaris011

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i never any comments before but after what you guys said i went back, now i wish i didnt. Frick people are stupid and ignorant its unbelievable how some people can be so clueless

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Way too many fawktards that flap their gums before they even know any actual facts about anything these days. These dumbasses need a swift kick in the teeth.

retiredpop

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All I can say after reading the comments is Wow, how can people be so callous! Where does all the hatred come from? These were ordinary human beings who were killed. I wonder how they would feel if they lost a loved one through some tragic accident? Unbelievable.

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I belive the people who Commented on that chit article are just a bunch of keyboard jockeys with nothing better to do. Some of those comments were just not right

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

struglin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am a sledder, I am a family man, I am a business owner. I know who I am and I know so many of my sledding buddy's are much the same. Good people with good values who contribute to their communities. If some unfortunate accident ends our lives to soon like our fallen friends we need to put our focus on celebrating there lives not worrying about the comments of small minded broke ass keyboard jockeys who are beyond ignorant!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I sat in the restaurant and watch that lady walk around and ask everybody there if they were sledders. Most replied Yes, and Most refused to interview. When she came close to me I looked at our newbie and said your a logger and you weren't there. She asked me if I was a sledder and I said yes. Were you on the mountain yesterday, yes. Would you do an interview with us, No. She walked away.

More should do the same!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I sat in the restaurant and watch that lady walk around and ask everybody there if they were sledders. Most replied Yes, and Most refused to interview. When she came close to me I looked at our newbie and said your a logger and you weren't there. She asked me if I was a sledder and I said yes. Were you on the mountain yesterday, yes. Would you do an interview with us, No. She walked away.

More should do the same!

If the media wants to interview me for anything accident related (whether it be the neighbours house burning down, an MVI, a drive-by shooting, a hit and run, or whatever) , it will be no thank you. The media is supposed to be unbiased and report the facts but their shoddy reporting and their colors are showing more and more; even on a good day.

Top Bottom