POWDERCHOWDER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
any new updates on conditions... heading up there with the family and friends
for family day weekend ride.

sc800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Likely got some but not as much as Fernie area and with the wind it will blow to Saskatchewan today!

summit7

Reaction score
Wife and myself road Atlas today with a very nice couple from Medicine Hat, Happy Anniversary you two. There was 6"to 8"of new snow, road is not plowed and very icy from the Chinook lake turnoff to the staging area. Thank you to the Idiots who almost ran over m Wife while we were chaining up to get up the hill!

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode out there today all I can say is wow epic day champagne powder all day north of the shelter

JZ1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is avalanche gear a training a must. I have neither and am looking for a safe place to ride

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is avalanche gear a training a must. I have neither and am looking for a safe place to ride
Stay low there is lots to ride and see with out putting yourself in any danger

powderbound

Reaction score
I am also interested in going to Atlas, but I have a enclosed trailer, one of the previous posts indicated you need to chain up... any help on where to unload without chaining up would be appreciated. I have never been there and I have been trying to gather as much info from posts and the crowsnow site. Any insight on that area would be helpful thanks..

DragonDiva

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am also interested in going to Atlas, but I have a enclosed trailer, one of the previous posts indicated you need to chain up... any help on where to unload without chaining up would be appreciated. I have never been there and I have been trying to gather as much info from posts and the crowsnow site. Any insight on that area would be helpful thanks..

There is one small section that is a hill and would be the worst for getting into the staging area. We have made it up it without chaining up it we have studded tires on our truck and trailer. You can get a decent run at the hill which is probably maybe 500m in length. There should be some new snow down on it as it was dumping snow in the pass yesterday when we left. There are parts of the road that get drifted in when winding so that maybe more of a problem than the hill until they plow the road.

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Guys have parked at the bottom of the hill to launch in the past, just on the side of the road. It's only a km or 2 to the parking lot from there. When the road has been bad I've even seen guys park on the access road by the highway and head up the ditches to get into Atlas.

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heading down again on Saturday would be happy to tour you around the area send me a pm

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another great day down there went in from Dutch lots of peeps at the shelter w/ families good to see had the north end all to ourselves most of the day

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
guess i'll become an Alberta rider again, could you guide me around Blair? i'll just follow you, so long as you come back and get me unstuck!!

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No problem dusty best snow in years and just an hour and a bit out of town

Top Bottom