atlas riding conditions

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it was great 2 week ends ago but bitterly cold -35 last week end was ok but not sure what it will be like after all the warm weather but have a good ride if you head out

burnt toast

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was up atlas today, no new snow really low levels. Rode to the cabin had scratchers down the whole way but it was good to get out for a trail ride.

jhard

Reaction score
Was up atlas today, no new snow really low levels. Rode to the cabin had scratchers down the whole way but it was good to get out for a trail ride.
The levels we low at lower levels but up in the bowls there was snow to be had until we tracked it all up on on Sunday it was not deep powder it was set up a bit still able to do some climbs and sidehilling still alot of land mines in some places a good ride for the first time out could be a lot better!!! we need a big dump soon

TryHonesty

Reaction score
They got some fresh overnight and was snowing when they were there on Sunday. Ice on some of the trails and hills, hero snow for climbing. Some decent fresh on top of the setup layer for playing but they need a good dump like everywhere.

I had a blast, went to Window, I really enjoy Atlas as a riding area and had a lot of fun. I would highly recommend to anybody.

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heading down Boxing Day with the wife's for a couple of days any report on the conditions would be appreciated

burnt toast

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got a few inchs of snow over night in town, I'm sure there was some being dropped up top. Going to try go for a quick rip tip to day not sure if I'm going up atlas but I will let u know.

burnt toast

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got down, on first sight going up the loading dock I got my hopes up as the appeared to be a good dump since 2 days ago. Went straight to the cabin, snow is descent to the cabin any further to the north is pretty skinny. To go for a ride your good to go but u still have to be carful.

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks bud I'm sure it will be enough for the ladies , Doug know your lookin how is the snow in fernie for sat

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
......... Doug know your lookin how is the snow in fernie for sat

I'm thinking it will be good for a Family Day ride; hard core riding, maybe not so much. I haven't ridden Fernie since November but my informants tell me it will be getting closer. We are going to the Rolling Hills today. So I will report back later today. Merry Christmas to you and yours Blair. :xmas2004_15:

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It was ok not the best but not the worst I have seen it good enough for us to stay tonight and ride tomorrow

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I'm thinking it will be good for a Family Day ride; hard core riding, maybe not so much. I haven't ridden Fernie since November but my informants tell me it will be getting closer. We are going to the Rolling Hills today. So I will report back later today. Merry Christmas to you and yours Blair. :xmas2004_15:

Here's some pictures of what we found today in Fernie. You won't find this beside the trail. You need to explore and poke and make new tracks. The snow was only 110-120 cm generally. I probed once at 135 cm. Pretty skinny but a real sweet base!

https://www.snowandmud.com/kootenays-area-186/fernie-conditions-2014-15-a-94198-13.html

lightweight

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
rode on friday with the vintage sleds. no base lower down. lots of stumps and rocks. window was good. I would think the newer sleds had a crappy day. needs another big dump.

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did ride there Friday went north and it got better rode York today and higher up was better as well good 2 days but they need more

TryHonesty

Reaction score
Rode Sunday, Window mountain's bowl is getting pretty nice, solid base with around 2 feet of fresh in the trees. Trails are in much better shape with the fresh too. Snowed all day, clouds stayed higher so visibility was still good. I have to say that i absolutely love Atlas as a riding area and at 2 hrs 40 mins average from my door, its my go to spot.

Who is in charge of plowing the road into the staging area?

Top Bottom