Area west of REvy photo's

Canadian JR

Reaction score
We had to do the same thing last year with the same brand of sled. That's one of the down side to this area. If you brake down the only way out is on a hook because there is no way you can tow out a dead sled.

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's not the area the pictures were taken from but good try!

Griffin is more of a trail ride or tree riding area if you know where to go. Be careful if you head into these areas or.you can get yourself into lots of trouble. Best to go with someone who knows the area.

Like I said neewbie its Griffin and there are a bunch of ways into it. Try following Al Pete or Steve in there and it aint no trail ride. If you get an early start you can ride to the burner for lunch. Try taking a GPS if your worried about getting lost.:d

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's not the area the pictures were taken from but good try!

Griffin is more of a trail ride or tree riding area if you know where to go. Be careful if you head into these areas or.you can get yourself into lots of trouble. Best to go with someone who knows the area.

Confirmed by Lucas yesterday when I stopped in for some parts.:d

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We had to do the same thing last year with the same brand of sled. That's one of the down side to this area. If you brake down the only way out is on a hook because there is no way you can tow out a dead sled.

Now the same brand of sled things are becoming clear.:d:d:d

polguy

Reaction score
For the record JR wasn't riding the same brand (probably never will). If you ask you will quickly find out that he knows the area at least as well as Al or Pete. It still is not pics of Griffin though. And another thing it wasn't last year, it was 2009 mine got the ride out(ECU). There really is such a thing as a dragon fly:d

polguy

Reaction score
My bad:rolleyes: The first ones that steel town posted could very well be Grif. but the Smokindave pics aren't IMO

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My bad:rolleyes: The first ones that steel town posted could very well be Grif. but the Smokindave pics aren't IMO

Smokin Daves are Boulder area looks like but Steel Towns are Griffin. Whatever if you don't know all the better but a huge area.:d

Guest101

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Daves are not boulder and steels are not griffin!:d:d

mtnrev

Reaction score
And by the way JR is anything but a newbie. He may be new to the forum but is very experienced in the mountains. You would be doing extremely well if you can keep it to this man. Especially through the trees.

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And by the way JR is anything but a newbie. He may be new to the forum but is very experienced in the mountains. You would be doing extremely well if you can keep it to this man. Especially through the trees.

I was merely reffering to his status on this site and his mistake about the area. Like I said it was Griffin and I'm not into nice try no try only Dooo:d:beer:

Canadian JR

Reaction score
Sorry for the confusion. The area in question could be the back end of Griffin if that is what Lucas told you as I know he did ride Griffin last weekend but I thought it looked more like a different area on the other side.
My point was only that if you have not been in these areas before you are best to hook up with someone who knows the area because you can get into trouble. Having a GPS is a must and being a good technical rider will allow you to get into the good areas and get yourself out of trouble.

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know it is not griffin!! I live in Revy and I am quite familiar with the area!! great zone by the way!:d

Thought there was only one stage area log deck landing on the West end of 3 valley gap and was taken in by some local Rev peeps. The locals told me the area was Griffin. Sorry for the confusion call it whatever you want.:d:beer:

Top Bottom