Are you guys ready for the next skidoo game changer?

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
they do. But any factory model shock from any model of that year. so they can use Piggybacks and tune them.

but then in open and mod classes all fair game.
No I mean off the shelf, no tunning.

Stock sled, open the crate at the hill. ride it.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No I mean off the shelf, no tunning.

Stock sled, open the crate at the hill. ride it.

Thats not how it works, I did tech inspect at some hill climbs years ago, and at drag races. The rules may have changed a but in stock class you could use:

any OEM clutch parts
any OEM shocks offered in the line-up
no modified intakes
track didn't matter, no traction aids (studs or titaniums)
stock ski's
stock exhaust (muffller didn't matter, cans did't add power, many lost back then)
no lightweight components

I raced a 2002 mm700, ohlins shocks, wider ski stance (oem parts), modified stock muffler, oem clutch parts. Stock 700 class and up.

As long as the OEM has good parts in the line-up somewhere, you're good to go.

jpmez69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So...never???

Nothing is forever...however I would make you a deal that you couldn't refuse on this sled. I tend to buy high and sell low. BTW as I was putting my stock muffler back on I noticed something different about this machine. It came off the assembly line not the same as the other sleds! lol

Rene G

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nothing is forever...however I would make you a deal that you couldn't refuse on this sled. I tend to buy high and sell low. BTW as I was putting my stock muffler back on I noticed something different about this machine. It came off the assembly line not the same as the other sleds! lol

Ok, I’ll bite, what’s different?

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya 6500 the air box valve opens to let boost in, so I don’t see boost kicking in till that point and no power gains obviously. Keep the throttle snappy down low. Clutch engages around 4000rpm, doubt its even noticeable, no one rides at 6500.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya 6500 the air box valve opens to let boost in, so I don’t see boost kicking in till that point and no power gains obviously. Keep the throttle snappy down low. Clutch engages around 4000rpm, doubt its even noticeable, no one rides at 6500.

No one rides at 6500?

Top Bottom