Are you guys ready for the next skidoo game changer?

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
371ffda1140ffe6ba732135742b15b06.jpg

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
still not 165, its also 20 years old, rides like a lumber wagon, probably have to give it a shot of ether to get it fired up in the AM, have to change jets 8 times to get it to 8000ft,drain the powerjet lines when she flips over, proabaly has the throttle response of a weedwacker with the choke on. bet it has great warranty too LOL
:Happy4:

K45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks that confirmed my suspicion.
Sled engauged at 4300, at least the one I was on. Compared to a stock 850, guys are going to like this turbo.
Anxious to see what it does at altitude.

I have to ask - why on snow west forum you posted “ I rode one last night and at 3500ft I was not impressed with it “
At 3500 ft it should have been approximately 17 hp more than a stock 850 and should have pulled pretty good, unless you never held it much over 6500 Rpm but I would have thought you would seeing how this turbo works.
I’m sure this sled should perform, just odd there are no videos yet comparing a stock 850 and this 850T it’s not like this sled just hit the snow they claim 3 years of testing. Maybe it’s just me but the first thing I would do is line up with an 850 expert just to show the comparison.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have to ask - why on snow west forum you posted “ I rode one last night and at 3500ft I was not impressed with it “
At 3500 ft it should have been approximately 17 hp more than a stock 850 and should have pulled pretty good, unless you never held it much over 6500 Rpm but I would have thought you would seeing how this turbo works.
I’m sure this sled should perform, just odd there are no videos yet comparing a stock 850 and this 850T it’s not like this sled just hit the snow they claim 3 years of testing. Maybe it’s just me but the first thing I would do is line up with an 850 expert just to show the comparison.

Oh I held it to the bar, did lots of throttle cycling.
Im not impressed with how its clutched, speaking your mind about a doo product on here generally starts a fight, and a usually avoid talking tech on here.
Just because a sled get its rpm and makes noise goes not mean it gets the power to the ground.
I did mention on this site, for guys that ride stock 850’s they are going to love it, and I want to see what it does at 6500ft.

I was talking to others who are going to play with the clutching on it.

The sled engauged at 4300, it has new 52g flyweights, stock on a NA 850 is 47g. Same secondary helix as the past 12 years, with a black spring. Obviously the sleds makes power with the heavier flyweights, I want to see it make more trackspeed.
This sled has huge potential but again it lacks its being held back at the moment.

Last edited:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't know how much you can figure out about a mountain sled by ditch banging it lol

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't know how much you can figure out about a mountain sled by ditch banging it lol
See this is why I avoid talking tech on here.
You can tell lots about a sleds ability to build trackspeed, I can get the pipe hot, run it cold, etc.

On my sled I’m only one clicker away from 6500ft in any snow condition, and generally minor tweaks on the hill with a new setup.

I guess I have no clue what im doing, or what im looking for, in a clutch setup, stock clutching is perfect, I will not look for improvements on the new turbo.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
See this is why I avoid talking tech on here.
You can tell lots about a sleds ability to build trackspeed, I can get the pipe hot, run it cold, etc.

On my sled I’m only one clicker away from 6500ft in any snow condition, and generally minor tweaks on the hill with a new setup.

I guess I have no clue what im doing, or what im looking for, in a clutch setup, stock clutching is perfect, I will not look for improvements on the new turbo.

Lil sensitive eh? wtf I'll probably do some tinkering when I get mine too....

the thing is designed to make more power at altitude. not made to ditch bang in Edson.

K45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not being a smart ass here but I have owned way to many turbo sleds especially for my lack of skills. But even around central Alberta you can still tell when a sled is making POWER, good clutching or not.
Never once did I have to pull my side panel to make sure my turbo was there LOL - as in my turbo not pulling stupid hard. Im more than certain that your going to feel 4lbs of boost ditch banging or in the mountains.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not being a smart ass here but I have owned way to many turbo sleds especially for my lack of skills. But even around central Alberta you can still tell when a sled is making POWER, good clutching or not.
Never once did I have to pull my side panel to make sure my turbo was there LOL - as in my turbo not pulling stupid hard. Im more than certain that your going to feel 4lbs of boost ditch banging or in the mountains.

this maintains 165hp between 0-8000 feet it won't make full boost at 3500ft.... probably only making 1lb boost at 3500ft.

K45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
this maintains 165hp between 0-8000 feet it won't make full boost at 3500ft.... probably only making 1lb boost at 3500ft.

Im well aware of that.... Should be making around 17ish more HP at 3500. That should still be very noticeable.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Thats the thing, is sled now that I understand the the turbo design does not kick in until 6500rpm. I was expecting to feel the extra HP turbo sled right from engagement. From engagement to 6500rpm regardless altitude from what I’m told, its a NA sled.
So if thats infact is true, the turbo is making the exact same hp as a expert. Do a hole shot and everything is equal until the bypass intake valve closes and the primary intake starts to pressurize.

Last edited:
Top Bottom