Are you guys ready for the next skidoo game changer?

Quicksand

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Geeze, sled just came out and now people want more???

The eastern guys are cracking me up, why no turbo for the trail sled comments, why only 165hp? Lol

Always want more, natural progression.

Show me a satisfied man, I`ll show you a failure

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it is a rotax turbo
Someone else will be making it for them as a proprietary design. There are only a handful of turbo factories outside of China

that makes me wonder if the exhaust flange will be oddball to make it a challenge to change turbos :dontknow:
Of course it will. It's a proprietary Bavarian boosty boi.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am betting that some of the aftermarket turbo companies will be purchasing some to have a better view of this new factory technology. Never mind that you can purchase a left over 2018 800 for $11 G out the door. Install an aftermarket turbo for $5 -$6G run 7 lbs boost on pump gas = $16 to $17 G and have more 165 hp.
I don't think so, friend seized motor in his 2016. Went to Banner in Golden a week ago and no more 18-19 summit 175 or 165 available.
Maybe a 154,. 2.5".

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Always want more, natural progression.

Show me a satisfied man, I`ll show you a failure

First you have to own the sled to be satisfied or dissatisfied with it. Will it be perfect, that up to the owner of it.

I for one am stoked about this sled, and already know what I would change on it. Power output change is definitely at the bottom of my list.

j.c.higgins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ad9804908f8832fb2eefdea221f1034a.jpg

minnow10

Reaction score
Geeze, sled just came out and now people want more???

The eastern guys are cracking me up, why no turbo for the trail sled comments, why only 165hp? Lol

They do, it is the 900 ace turbo @ 150 HP in the adrenaline or X-RS platform. Should be no complaints as those would be a great trail sleds in the east with a stock turbo. Had it for a couple years now. Probably alot of R&D from that for this 850's turbo

Last edited:

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
I don't think so, friend seized motor in his 2016. Went to Banner in Golden a week ago and no more 18-19 summit 175 or 165 available.
Maybe a 154,. 2.5".
Go to martins motor sports or rec tch in Llyodminster.
One of them even has a a 2016 174 left.

JungleJim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 2 cents after trying the aftermarket guys is you can’t beat stock in all aspects ride hard and put away ride again repeat
I fully agree! You can go aftermarket and go crazy chasing high hp with bigger boost but what you can't do is escape a Universal Law of Sledding... "the Bigger the Thrill, the Bigger the Bill!". Been there, done that and bought the T-Shirt twice with an Apex Turbo, then a Nytro Impulse Race Turbo... tens of thousands of dollars to keep a drive train that can handle it all. The fact that Doo came out with a Factory Turbo that is hopefully reliable and rideable if fantastic! If the Hp number creeps up a little over the years as they get more experience in what their drive chain can handle then that's an added bonus. I love my current Expert and look forward to the Expert Turbo. Just a question of timing and getting the household CFO approval...

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
First you have to own the sled to be satisfied or dissatisfied with it. Will it be perfect, that up to the owner of it.

I for one am stoked about this sled, and already know what I would change on it. Power output change is definitely at the bottom of my list.

You will have to wait till a clutch kit is developed.

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’m thinking before everybody changes boost pressures and reflashes the ECM on this sled before it even gets out of the crate,maybe take it for a ride and see how the stock clutching is and start going from there! I’m betting if there was ever a sled that will benefit from clutching this will be it!

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
SOmeone please post what the Doo factory recommended 'optimal' RPM is for this motor. I think Doos have a sticker near the clutch that says it. Or just let us know what it revs it sustains on a pull. Curious where they decided to run the turbo motor at.

Top Bottom