Arctic Cat

Aurora

Reaction score
My daughter is buying a side/side and asked if I heard anything. I don't know anything about then so any feedback would be appreciated.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
What do you want to know? Which size is she looking at? 550? 700? 1000?

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

linksys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wait.........John Deere is coming out with a real "game changer"......RSX 850i.....stay tuned.......or just google "John deere 850 rsx"............it beats a Polaris RZR in a side by side race....video available on RZR forum

[h=1]2012 John Deere RSX850i Sport Gator Side-by-Side Leaked Photo
New John Deere Sport Side-by-Side to be Released in 2012
[/h]​
2012 John Deere RSX850i Sport Gator Side-by-Side
Maryland (11/21/2011) - John Deere is known in the UTV market for making heavy duty work horse machines like the John Deere Gator. Until now, that was John Deere's main focus was to provide a utility side-by-side that could be used around the farm and on work sites. We have heard rumors of a new sport oriented side-by-side to be released by John Deere in 2012. We recently uncovered a photo that has been leaked on the web of what appears to a sport side-by-side from John Deere that reads "RSX850i" on the DragonFire Racing number plates
The All-new RZR 850i Sport Gator is said to feature a powerful 850 V-twin engine. The drive system is also said to have no slack so there is instant throttle response when you hit the throttle.
We at ATVriders.com can not wait to get our hands on one of these and truly test out this All-new Sport Side-by-Side from John Deere.

Himark

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMO the prowler is a touring/family rig. awesome ride, big, stable, big storage, big rear dump box, and looks sharp. its capable but it isnt going to win any races in stock form. its ok at everything, but shines more in the ride and convenience over anything else. its size can hinder its abilities in teh tight and twisty stuff and in the deep stuff. i think it is the best sxs for family outings/hunting etc. reliability has been avg.

polaris has the sxs market down pat. if your more into the tearing it up, boggin, and having a blast, the 900xp is tough to beat. price points may come into play here for the prowler 700xtx is around 14-15g's. the razor s or xp get up there quick. the commander is another expensive toy.
if value is your strong point...have a look at the kawi teryx. good bang for your buck. imo...its hideous...lol.

nice thing...there is lots to choose from now. go in and ask the dealers for test rides or demos...most do it now. one ride might be all it takes.

i will be getting a prowler here soon. tried em all. i have my 08 CRF450R to tear it up when i wanna go fast. trying to get the ol lady into the outdoors more and the prowler will do that...and well.

good luck!

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
polaris has the sxs market down pat. if your more into the tearing it up, boggin, and having a blast, the 900xp is tough to beat.
Um...impossible to beat. There is nothing out there that does what this thing does right out of the box....

RZR101 made me scream like a little girl when he got his standard RZR800 a few years ago....only dogs could hear my screams a couple of weekends ago when I rode shotgun in the XP900.....

Last edited:

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The prowlers are a great "Do it All" machines. I have never owned one but have used them and rode with them. Solid, and reliable in my opinion. What is your daughter looking to do with it? Just weird that you are asking about it for your daughter??

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Um...impossible to beat. There is nothing out there that does what this thing does right out of the box....

RZR101 made me scream like a little girl when he got his standard RZR800 a few years ago....only dogs could hear my screams a couple of weekends ago when I rode shotgun in the XP900.....

Ignore the Polaris guys..... its Friday night, their machines are still in the shop..... they want to ride but cant.... so they stay home drinking and talk nonsence on Snow and Mud. :d:beer:

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ignore the Polaris guys..... its Friday night, their machines are still in the shop..... they want to ride but cant.... so they stay home drinking and talk nonsence on Snow and Mud. :d:beer:
Do some research....I am as ANTI-Polaris as it gets. Fact is: nobody makes competition for the XP 900.

Edit: but the odds of me drinking and talking nonsense on S&M is pretty good.....

astle77

Reaction score
I am that daughter that is looking at side x sides. We are looking at either the 2012 articat 1000 wildcat or the Polaris rzr 900. So far the feedback is great but more is always helpful!!!!! Thanks and happy bogging!!!!!!!

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The prowlers are a great "Do it All" machines. I have never owned one but have used them and rode with them. Solid, and reliable in my opinion. What is your daughter looking to do with it? Just weird that you are asking about it for your daughter??

You must be kidding right..............lol lol .The Prowler almost single handedly broke Cat, their company lost 28% in value,because of lost market share mainly to POPO `s UTV..............Reliable and Prowler should never be in the same sentence.............

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You must be kidding right..............lol lol .The Prowler almost single handedly broke Cat, their company lost 28% in value,because of lost market share mainly to POPO `s UTV..............Reliable and Prowler should never be in the same sentence.............

Back to the Drinking and posting on a Friday night??? Prime example

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Off to bed early,i am trading in my rzr for a prowler !! I want to beat the crowds and be the first one there.........RZR owners are lining up to buy a prowler...................

SLICKSTER

Reaction score
don't buy the cat 1000, when arctic cat designed that machine, they had the sand dunes of arizona in mind...not the skeg in Canada, it just doesn't do what the polaris can do, ANYWHERE, lol

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buy one !!! Then try selling it............See how good the Cat resale is................lol

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
don't buy the cat 1000, when arctic cat designed that machine, they had the sand dunes of arizona in mind...not the skeg in Canada, it just doesn't do what the polaris can do, ANYWHERE, lol

How many wildcats have you driven in the skeg??

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do Some research , the Wildcat has been a huge disappointment so far. It is underpowered,too long ,under clutched, and has been destroyed when compared to the XP900, so far. Not to mention the horrible reliability record of the 1000 cat platform..........
There is a reason you can`t PAY some one to buy a used prowler 1000...........lol
I can find you piles of people who traded a prowler on a RZR, can you find me one who has traded a rzr for a prowler................?????

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do Some research , the Wildcat has been a huge disappointment so far. It is underpowered,too long ,under clutched, and has been destroyed when compared to the XP900, so far. Not to mention the horrible reliability record of the 1000 cat platform..........
There is a reason you can`t PAY some one to buy a used prowler 1000...........lol
I can find you piles of people who traded a prowler on a RZR, can you find me one who has traded a rzr for a prowler................?????

Sounds like someone is sick and tired of being beat up by the Cats! Has to vent on the internet by slamming them. Classic! :) I really like the "Horrible reliabilty of the 1000 platform" that one made me laugh out loud!!! ;) And the "I can find you PILES of people who traded a prowler on a RZR"..... thats even better! :beer: Gotta love the BullShitters :)

SLICKSTER

Reaction score
Sounds like someone is sick and tired of being beat up by the Cats! Has to vent on the internet by slamming them. Classic! :) I really like the "Horrible reliabilty of the 1000 platform" that one made me laugh out loud!!! ;) And the "I can find you PILES of people who traded a prowler on a RZR"..... thats even better! :beer: Gotta love the BullShitters :)
somebody is in denial......

Top Bottom