Arctic Cat: Proclimb M 2013 how much weight?

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was just helping out the ruskie. These numbers are straight out of the amsnow powder evol test. The pro had estart but i know for a fact your only looking at a 10lb diff at the most. The fact is there all within 20lbs wet from each other.

The pro is 50 lbs lighter in 2013.

leadfoot33

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
pro lost 14 lbs this year and cat will lose around 10 this year so they will be right on par again wet to wet. the pro will be about 10-15 lbs less than the cat wet to wet.

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen any advertising on the 2013 cat being lighter, where did you see that? I thought the only diff was the narrower arms and 2.6 track and the track will be heavier no? Just asking.

Last edited:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen any advertising on the 2013 cat being lighter, where did you see that? I thought the only diff was the narrower arms and 2.6 track and the track will be heavier no? Just asking.

You would be thinking they would be advertizing the heck out of that. Hmmmmm..................:rolleyes:

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh ok I guess we are ignoring the facts. Yup 10 pound difference it is!

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I sort of remember reading some stuff from artic insider that did say the hcr had a smaller cooler and drilled rotor but the track weighed 2-3 lbs more so a wash. Not to raise hell because I ride an 1100t which is what it likely weighs with me on it but the 13 snopro vs the 13 rmk pro both 163 looks like 44 pounds at least and the 13 xp put on weigh so it's in the pc class now too. Based off the weights in the snowmobile dot com article.

Last edited:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I sort of remember reading some stuff from artic insider that did say the hcr had a smaller cooler and drilled rotor but the track weighed 2-3 lbs more so a wash. Not to raise hell because I ride an 1100t which is what it likely weighs with me on it but the 13 snopro vs the 13 rmk pro both 163 looks like 44 pounds at least and the 13 xp put on weigh so it's in the pc class now too. Based off the weights in the snowmobile dot com article.

In the Skidoo brochure and spec sheet the 2013 Summit X's weigh EXACTLY THE SAME as the 2012 Summit X's to the pound. The Sp model is 5 lbs heavier than the X model. Just so everyone is clear on that for the umpteenth time.:nono:
:beer:

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
actually if u do get the le model it will be lighter,,,it does have the hcr forward cooler,narrow stance, lighter track shaft and drilled rotor,,,,, soooo if ur comparing the cat should be 20lbs lighter than the "brochures".............also the lack of cooler in the back part of the tunnel makes for a serious decrease in snow build up....... 40lbs right there! rmk pro who??? lol

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had the track shaft and rotor out of my 1100 when I changed the track and I put on the 38 a arms there is no 20 lbs weight reduction in those new 2013 parts. Cooler hard to say but with the 2.6 track weighing more I bet the 13 sled comes in within a few pounds of the 12. The snowbuild up I agree, not too bad on the cats in general but the 13 will be better. That was one of the big beefs I had with my nytro mcx turbo, the rear mount turbo built up a ton of ice.

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cat doesn't post thier weights cause they are heavier then the offerings from Doo and Poo. Kind of a tough sales pitch when everyone wants lighter / faster / stronger- but leight weight comprimises the "stronger" part. I'm sure the 1100T LE I ordered will be heavier then my last ride, BUT it has a factory turbo with warranty, and I don't have to run race fuel to make reliable horsepower. Not overly concerned about the weight, as I'm capable of digginng my sled out and can lift the front end of the turbo cat to my chest. Wasn't long ago a 136" mountain sled was 600lbs wet, and we managed to have fun and explore then, too. Looking forward to next season already.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I read the other day 2013 m8 14lbs lighter than 2012, but who knows. At the end of the day all the doo guys think they are way lighter than cat but wet they are within 5-10 lbs, seen it on the scale and thats all the proof i need. Whats 5-10 lbs......... f#ck all. If I really was hugely worried about weight I know of 40lbs I could lose that wouldn't cost hardly anything.......... its all in my gut and just a guess, but most of you could lose it as well...... just throwing that out there. As for poo, ya they are the lightest but without a motor that is a contendor to the 800 ho or the 800 etec they are...... well still poo's

leadfoot33

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that is correct they are losing the big heavy cooler on the LE models which should save ya 10 lbs roughly. alos has anyone hear of an aftermarket oil bottle yet? nobody needs to have a bloody gallon of oil in there.

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that is correct they are losing the big heavy cooler on the LE models which should save ya 10 lbs roughly. alos has anyone hear of an aftermarket oil bottle yet? nobody needs to have a bloody gallon of oil in there.
Check out riderassmussenstyle.com - they have a new chaincase cover for the 800 and are using a 2 quart plastic oil tank. Seems to me the cover is made by BDX? Might be worth a phone call...

Top Bottom