April Conditions

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Snowed all day in the Renshaw so no recovery of sled, will try tomorrow. 8-10 inches before we gave up on getting to the back and came home. Should be good sled'n tomorrow. Trail up and back down was in good spring riding conditions.

Dean10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We were up Renshaw on Saturday too, it was VERY nice up there. We ran into the guy who lost his sled over that cornice into the back, sounds like he is lucky that he bailed off at the top. Only hurt his pride. We tried to use our Sat phone to start the sled rescue planning, but GlobalStar is STILL not working very well, It does connect up eventually, but you can not be in a hurry, it takes 30min sometimes. I hope they get their $hit together soon, it would be nice to have a reliable sat phone up there.

We also came across a truck stuck right in the center of the trail at about km 4.5 !!?? Considering there was only about half a km of bare trail, I'm not sure why these wire heads were trying to make it to the cabin in there Dads truck. Then, ....even though there was lots of space in the lot, the same truck was parked on the grass at the hotel ??!!! Sheri was Pissed!! Nice work guys, your WILL ruin it for all of us.

Fullthrottle

Reaction score
Ya snow was amazing up there. We came back from an awesome time at Renshaw yet again. Went to many untouched areas. Burnt all our fuel and came back on pretty much fumes. We were the last ones left at Renshaw, came home in the dark.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Up Renshaw again today and did recover the sled that went down with the cornice. Snow conditions were absolutly fantastic. Many places still left to play in. Had a bad spill so will have to take it easy for a couple of days. I thought the trail up and back down at the end of the day was very good for spring riding.

Dean10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Come on Barry, you can't just say "had a bad spill" and not tell us what happened. You know everyone will be asking. So I'll ask on behalf of all Snow and Mud'ers, I'll ask.......

What happened Barry, hope you're okay.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Snowed up top last nite and this morning. Watching from my house, injury to my right side from below my ribs down to my knee. Had the broke down sled tied to the skimmer and on a side hill the skimmer decided it was time to head down hill, rolling which did the same to me and my sled. Went through the bars did a somersault in the air, hit hard on my back some 20 feet ahead of the sleds. No damage to my sled, the wrecked sled didn't matter as there was not much left to wreck on it. All will be well for tomorrow, as I will have to go and see how much new is up there.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Were you wearing your Tek Vest...my bet is YES?
Snowed up top last nite and this morning. Watching from my house, injury to my right side from below my ribs down to my knee. Had the broke down sled tied to the skimmer and on a side hill the skimmer decided it was time to head down hill, rolling which did the same to me and my sled. Went through the bars did a somersault in the air, hit hard on my back some 20 feet ahead of the sleds. No damage to my sled, the wrecked sled didn't matter as there was not much left to wreck on it. All will be well for tomorrow, as I will have to go and see how much new is up there.

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Man, your a superhero, my hat goes off to you sir, keep fightin the good fight and heal quick.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Back up Renshaw yesterday to see if we could get a sled out of Whinbergers, not a chance yesterday as there was way to much new snow. At the top of the Blackwater and back there was a good 18" of new snow. Not enough guys to drop into the hole but what a day everywhere else. Not a track in the entire area when we got there and it snowed all day and was still snowing when we left. On the hill at 10:00 and home at 7:00, long day, 121 km and no fuel at the truck. Had 2 minor wrecks, fell of a 15 foot drop, thank god for tek-vests and into an 8 foot tree well, not on sled at the time. Super spring conditions and the trail is in not to bad of shape from 3 to 12 and then it is in great shape to the top.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes tek-vest is always on and I was not really a superhero as I did get paid to go get the sled, so that day it was a work day. Thinking I should sign-up for workers comp, wonder what I would put my occupation as???

GRD

Reaction score
Yes tek-vest is always on and I was not really a superhero as I did get paid to go get the sled, so that day it was a work day. Thinking I should sign-up for workers comp, wonder what I would put my occupation as???

'Doo' Retriever!

Flygirl21

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.mcbridebc.org
Hi Boys,
Weather man says it is going to get pretty cold this weekend which could be good for preserving the trail maybe?

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone for a great season it was really nice to get to meet all the boys and girls from snow and mud and I look forward to seeing everyone next year!

HAVE A GREAT SUMMER!!!

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Woke up to a white Mcbride this am. Still snowing halfway up the hills. Might have to go and check out the new. Judging by the amount of snow that I can see, have feeling there is going to be ton of new on top of what was there on Wed.. Later all.

Uturn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thinking of heading up late next week, how's the lower part of the trail into Renshaw, is there still snow on it?

Thanks

Washy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thinking of heading up late next week, how's the lower part of the trail into Renshaw, is there still snow on it?

Thanks

Just got back from Renshaw, NO and I mean NO new snow. Totally wind blown. Unless you like riding tracked out and wind blown dont bother. Dont see where all these Lots of new snow threads are coming from. There is NO snow in Town either. Trail not groomed but there are spots that are still good. Others that are not so good.

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
Just got back from Renshaw, NO and I mean NO new snow. Totally wind blown. Unless you like riding tracked out and wind blown dont bother. Dont see where all these Lots of new snow threads are coming from. There is NO snow in Town either. Trail not groomed but there are spots that are still good. Others that are not so good.

Did you venture out and explore or did you stay near the comfort of the little ol cabin area, baaahahahaa. I just talked to a buddy that came back yesterday and he confirmed new snow and a great ride. The first day they played in the Ghost Lake Bowl and the second day they headed back towards Spirit where they found TOO much snow. :eek:

Washy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did you venture out and explore or did you stay near the comfort of the little ol cabin area, baaahahahaa. I just talked to a buddy that came back yesterday and he confirmed new snow and a great ride. The first day they played in the Ghost Lake Bowl and the second day they headed back towards Spirit where they found TOO much snow. :eek:

No Darcy, we just rode up there and stayed in the Cabin, ate and came back down. Remember when I had to show you how to get to Weinbergers bowl. Thats right been there just a few times. Wind was blowing hard and snow was very windblown. End of the season for me unless I happen to be off and they get a huge dump.

Uturn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OK, we have a "It was great" and a "windblown, don't bother", anyone want to break the tie that was up there today(Sunday):D

Trying to decide whether we should bring the enclosed(leave from parking lot) or the open trailer and deck(park up the trail).

Thanks

CdnWrangler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello Folks....

We had a pretty good time riding Renshaw, playing in the Blackwater, playing in the trees....... & quick trip up Bell. The only way it could have gotten any better was with 2 to 3 feet of fesh snow.... :D :D

Rode with BBToys, Powerpuff[Sharon], Glen & Blaine. Snowed all three days.... while I was there. Depending upon where you were.... a white-out.... All in all a sweet time..... for this time of the year....

I'm still holding out for the "BIG" dump of snow..... think I'm going to have to do a snow dance..... or something... :D

Top Bottom