April conditions

Uturn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
X-treme, the bars don't look quite right on the XP in the second pic. Looks like some higher risk areas.

X-Treme3x

Reaction score
I see that. Just because of the angle they are at and because as you can see hes skis are turned to one side,makes them look broke. The high risk area you are referring to is far less compared to what I seen some people doing this past weekend. People were riding up in the first bowl at Lucille and touching the corinus that was over hanging.

sledneckx69

Reaction score
Can you still ride out of parking lot ?

We rode Renshaw on Saturday, parking lot was a little muddy, but the start of the trail was still rideable. There was probably close to a foot of snow still on the first bridge too.

Uturn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I see that. Just because of the angle they are at and because as you can see hes skis are turned to one side,makes them look broke. The high risk area you are referring to is far less compared to what I seen some people doing this past weekend. People were riding up in the first bowl at Lucille and touching the corinus that was over hanging.

Never noticed the angle of his skis, makes the riser look bent sideways. The risk I was refering to is the 3rd pic, 2 sleds on the hill, snow already let go to the right of the chute. Everyone makes their own decisions when sledding, and those that flirt with cornices are definately trying to make statistics rather than good decisions. Not trying to start anything, just want everyone to come home safe, TOO many haven't this year.

heyjude

RIP Judy
Reaction score
Website
www.mountainhavenbb.vpweb.com
Snowed off and on up top on Monday. Snowed most of the night last night up there. This morning it's +1 in town and was snowing big, fat flakes when I got up. The snow didn't stay down here, but it's still snowing up top. Hopefully some of the locals will give me a first hand report of the snow conditions later this week. I think they may be going up on Wednesday. Will update as soon as I know something definite.

Saturday Fun Day was a huge success. Thanks to Rod "Hotrod", who took his groomer up Lucille and made a toboggan run for the kids. Thanks to Rod "Adrenaline" who supplied sleds to whoever needed them and took care of the Beacon Hide N Seek. Thanks to Barry "bbtoys" who took care of the food & logistics.

No major mishaps - Barry's a little sore, though - he had as much fun tobogganning as the kids, but getting a little old for that foolishness. Thanks to everyone that stopped by. A great time was had by all.

-rossco-

Reaction score
Was up in Renshaw yesterday and it is definatly spring conditions flat like with a few breaks here and there....bottom 3km of trail are probably gunna go fast other than that the trail was good.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Keep an eye on this section as the trail up Renshaw will be closed in the near future at Km 1. As soon as the trucks start going past the gate up to the bridge, the gate will be closed and locked to all truck traffic.
Sleds and quads will be able to go around.

flabbajabba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sleds and quads will be able to go around.

Can you get a two place (8' wide) "around" the locked gate? And pull it up with a quad? Got one more trip this year Apr 21 22. Then the sleds get put away :( Then the boat comes out!:d

drscotch

Reaction score
We're thinking about Renshaw on Saturday. Any update on the road, parking and gate situation. Not really interested in mud bogging the sleds :d

Thanks

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
leaving in 10min hope the gate is open for the weekend!!!!!

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gate is still open, but don't drive your truck past it. First truck tracks past and it gets closed. Lots of snow still on the trail, why ruin the snow that is there by driving on it with a truck.
Going to go and check the snow out tonite to see if all is good.

ZIG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I sure hope there is a sign there to let people know because you know what will happen.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
why? is it because of the trucks ruining the road, or that no trucks are allowed on the road at all....

is there a reason? please enlighten us, BBToys.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Unloaded at parking lot, snow on trail, had to run very little mud.
Trail was down graded fom a forstry road to recreation. No $$$ to fix the road after the trucks put 1-1.5 foot deep ruts in it. If we let the road go, there will not be a winter road to groom.
We understand that there will be some peeps that will not like this and may move to another area for thier spring ride but the long term picture is more important at this time.
As soon as I can get my bobcat down to the gate I will make it so you can get around with a trailer, but for now quads and sleds can go around.
The gate is still open and will remain so for now. I am thinking at least untill the 27.
Will give you notice and the hotels will have a flyer to let you know when you book that the trail is closed to truck traffic.
Thanks for your understanding and thanks for coming to Mcbride this past year. We as a community do thank-you for spending your riding time here.

flabbajabba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the long term picture is more important at this time.

A Big sign at the gate would be a good idea.

Thanks for the answers! And for all you do for us! Mcbride is the favorite spot for my group and your part of the reason. I'll buy you a beer if I can figure out who you are on Tues night:beer:If I can't I'll make sure it doesn't go to waste!

Alberta Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No longer in Alberta... Moved to Toronto!
A Big sign at the gate would be a good idea.

One step further... EXPLAIN why there are no trucks allowed past gate... I felt pissed when I saw this post on the gate closing (so did others) but am totally fine once I saw bbtoys explanation... I think that others would feel the same way if they don't get the explanation which means that there could be some guys that cut chains and drive up...

Do us all a favor and put up a reason for the closure and you will get much better compliance! my :twocents:

Top Bottom