Apex stabilizer- remove it???

kpelsma

Reaction score
Hey guys I have a 09 yamy apex and was wondering what u guys think. I find it rides really rough on hard pack and doesnt turn good at all if im carving with it. Do u think if I take off the stabilizer that it might help??

kpelsma

Reaction score
i ride mountains a lot, but i like to do some boondocking when im home. its the mtx - 162" track with stock shocks.... not fox.

Apex162

Reaction score
Sounds like your shocks are cranked way to high and spring pressure is hard at the back. Loosen them and reduce your front ski stance to turn better and see how that goes. cheers:)

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I removed it and definitely prefer without. I found it easier to handle off camber hard pack. It also took less effort to ride through the trees, less input to get the body roll you want to steer with the track.

It road smoother on the trails but definitely more boddy roll and ski lift on the trail corners. It's a handful on the trail without the sway bar. I just take it easy on the trail...trails suck anyways.

I run my front spring shocks as soft as I can, about mid shock, and have the front skid shock set as firm as possible with the back shock set to the middle. Ski stance is in the middle.

With the sway bar out and a rear 2wheel kit I find it more manuverable, hard and soft snow.

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I prefer Apex's to have the bar still in - I find they want to dive downhill off camber, most pronounced with the air shocks.

It takes 2 minutes to yank the bar - give it a try and see what you think!

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I prefer Apex's to have the bar still in - I find they want to dive downhill off camber, most pronounced with the air shocks.

It takes 2 minutes to yank the bar - give it a try and see what you think!

u should be able to just take out a link on one side and see if you like it our not, if not its easy to hook back up, i also run the simmons skis better control in the trails and in the powder

Barry Barton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi guys
I run a 07 vector with carbide tip skags & a 07 apex with stock or cheap skags. The sleds handle the same just a power differance, but I find the vector handles better on the trails & they both handle very well in deep snow, they are both 162". I no from a friend who does a lot of mountain riding that shorter tracks are good for the trees and long tracks are good for open boondocking and hill climbing. I have taken my stabalizers of & found it very tippy when on the hard pack, good in deep snow but I find your conditions change so much in a day that its a pain changing it all the time so I leave mying on and I ajust to the sled. Yes in deep snow u have to lean a little more but its easier than changing the sled all the time.RIDE SAFE

Top Bottom