anyone weigh a 2013 RMK pro yet?

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What I got from that article was that after kicking butt for the last couple of years, that maybe Polaris might have some competition from Ski Doo this year in the mountain segment. Guess we will know if the wiggly skid and bendy track are winners if it's still being used five years down the road. You make a good point about the magazines being paid advertising, but they don't want to bite the hand that feeds them.

Jeff K

Reaction score
I weighed my 163 Pro after I picked it up from the dealer.
452.3 lbs (-2.4 lbs for straps) = 450 lbs
-1 lb for hand guards
-10 lbs for ~2 gal gas (~6 lbs /gal)
-12 lbs for coolant (from owners manual 1.35 Gal x ~8.8 lbs/gal for 50/50)
-2 lbs for ~1L oil (7 lbs /gal)
~425 lbs Dry. Very close to the claimed 423 lbs for a 163. I'm impressed. Even at 450lbs with ~2 gals of gas, add another 9 gals to fill it up (+54 lbs) and another 3L oil (+6 lbs) and its 510 lbs full of all fluids RTR.

Also,
The stock Pro 163" track = 52 lbs
The new Camo Extreme 3" x 162 x 15 track = 59 lbs

I will weigh it again once the Track, KMOD and Raptor Shocks are installed and see how much they add over the stock parts. I will also weigh it full of fluids RTR once its back together as well.

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What I got from that article was that after kicking butt for the last couple of years, that maybe Polaris might have some competition from Ski Doo this year in the mountain segment. Guess we will know if the wiggly skid and bendy track are winners if it's still being used five years down the road. You make a good point about the magazines being paid advertising, but they don't want to bite the hand that feeds them.

Yup I agree, all the doo reviews sound like they finally made a mountain sled this year (not a stretched trail sled....)! Should be a good year! :cool:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup I agree, all the doo reviews sound like they finally made a mountain sled this year (not a stretched trail sled....)! Should be a good year! :cool:

You do realize the pro rmk is also a stretched trail sled? With some light weight glue and Chinese carbon fibre.

You have to take what snow west says with a grain of salt. They placed the m series last in every competition but then go on to say its a strong contender lmfao explain how that works.

Every year is a good year. People buy the latest craze and talk on the Internet about weights and power like then can actually ride the friggn thing.

Staple_STI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You do realize the pro rmk is also a stretched trail sled? With some light weight glue and Chinese carbon fibre.

You have to take what snow west says with a grain of salt. They placed the m series last in every competition but then go on to say its a strong contender lmfao explain how that works.

Every year is a good year. People buy the latest craze and talk on the Internet about weights and power like then can actually ride the friggn thing.

Is every trail sled a stretched mountain sled or every mountain sled a midget trail sled..

Seems like no matter what is said there is always an a-hole (aka Opinion)

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is every trail sled a stretched mountain sled or every mountain sled a midget trail sled..

Seems like no matter what is said there is always an a-hole (aka Opinion)

Lol

Essentially they are all stretched trail sleds as that is most of the market. Cats mountain sled is actually a race sled. And the others are narrowed up and lengthened.

Canuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's a very valid point.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

is it? I've never carried gas. I'm not trying to go far so it doesn't seem valid to my typical riding day (doo, cat, or poo).

Unfortunately I have run out!! but not recently.

Last edited:

NeilV

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you would think so wouldnt you. but it doesnt. ddid you read the article or no? if you beleive there dribble then it says right in the article that the xm feels lighter than the pro. even though it is not

ya i read the article, which is purely based on someone else's opinion, and therefore means nothing to me. i was only talking about the weights that they published. and you cant really argue with a weights, those are facts, not an opinion that can vary from one person to the next.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya i read the article, which is purely based on someone else's opinion, and therefore means nothing to me. i was only talking about the weights that they published. and you cant really argue with a weights, those are facts, not an opinion that can vary from one person to the next.

very true. she is light no one can deny that

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

There's no denying the XP took many years to make it work like it should, while the first year of the pro was a home run. Sounds like the XM might be the sled to push out of the way (not based on what snowest says, and from people who spent a good amount of time on it since I didn't spend enough time on it).

I agree doo and poo are on the right track and the customer only benefits. The proclimb has a bit of ways to come IMO....

So... has anyone weighed an XM yet? :d

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There's no denying the XP took many years to make it work like it should, while the first year of the pro was a home run. Sounds like the XM might be the sled to push out of the way (not based on what snowest says, and from people who spent a good amount of time on it since I didn't spend enough time on it).

I agree doo and poo are on the right track and the customer only benefits. The proclimb has a bit of ways to come IMO....

So... has anyone weighed an XM yet? :d

no. we dont have them |LOL

Top Bottom