Anyone have problem with 'specialty' can on 800 pro

jaws

Reaction score
I have a pro with bogging issues and my dealer is blaming it on the can i have on it. It runs fine stock but with the can i bought at specialty in edmonton it bogs .The problem I have with this is the can has been on since day one and now at 800 + miles it is giving grief ? Not bashing here just looking for any input​

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can't speak for the specialty can, but I just put the "Thing" on mine and it runs clean as a whistle. They flow test them though.

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a pro with bogging issues and my dealer is blaming it on the can i have on it. It runs fine stock but with the can i bought at specialty in edmonton it bogs .The problem I have with this is the can has been on since day one and now at 800 + miles it is giving grief ? Not bashing here just looking for any input​

I have the specialty Can. Where in the throttle range is your bog?

jaws

Reaction score
the bog can be random as far as rpm range but mostly when i get into the throttle fast either from a stop or in motion and this is a new issue no problems the first 750mi

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Interesting, I was having the same kinda problems. My problems didn't show up until I had installed a engine kit in it. I blamed it on the kit but after returning it to stock it still had the same bogging issues. I had about 600 miles before my problem showed up. I have now put in the engine kit back in and with the fuel programmer I have ran the auto tune and found that it ran better with less fuel on the top end.

I have also be told fuel plays a big role. Good fuel requires less of it to burn. You might try a lower octane such as 91 or even 89. I believe that I read somewhere that fuel mixes from the refinery can fluctuate quite a bit. So maybe you got a batch of higher or lower octane from what you normally use.

Do you fill up at the same place all the time?
Did that fuel station get a new batch of fuel?

I would try different fuel and see if there is any difference.

Hope I have stumbled on to something that might help you.

SavageCanuck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Swap back to the stock can and ride in the same cond and see if the bog shows up.I ride with an MBRP and 0 issues

Parfetts

Reaction score
Have a 12 assault with a Specialty can on it, around 300km no issues yet with. Also have a friend with a 12 Pro with no issues as well. The pro had a mid range bog but switched to non ethanol fuel with the plug in the non Ethanol and cleaned it up.

woodsRIDER92

Reaction score
im curious if the specialty can is a straight through design, like a stinger....looks like it from the pic on their site

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check the welds. Mine blew a pinhole around one of the welds a fewhundred km later and sled runs like crap. Mind you the etec is very sensitive to exhaust changes. The only reason I noticed it was because there was black exhaust soot blowing out

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

Assaulter

Reaction score
I'm STILL having issues with my Bog on my 11 Assault too. I put a Jaws can on mine, and it bogs exactly the same as you are describing. I took the Jaws can off, installed my stock can, and had it taken to the dealer after describing the bog to them. They adjusted the TPS and I took it out for a ride. It ripped! So I put my Jaws can back on, rode it, and the bog came back, and was running rich, and stinky! So I thought....maybe it is the can? I put my stock one back on, and rode it half a day with no problems, and as I headed down the hill it started bogging, and running like a POS again! This is where I am with it still. Pretty discouraged.

clay923

Reaction score
fuel maybe, take all fuel out and put new in, pro's r very fuel sensitive. i had a buddy with this problem and thats all it was.

sledshedrevy

Reaction score
changeing cans can create a change in what the pipe sensor is seeing for a temp in the main pipe due to either a looser flow than stock or a tighter flow than stock.changes pipe pressure which in turn shows intake vaccum effected , which changes the mix it is getting to fire .
changeing the ethenol plug set up changes what temp you would see inthe combustion and will effect pipe temps .
throttle position sensor setting is also a very crucial item in the mix and being that things changed for some of you with a few miles put on it is a possable item to have checked .all efi brands are effected and brands .
on some brands the bog is due to the motor getting into the rev limiter and the recovery is a mid range bog . you wont see it in the guages .this comes from the motor blasting thru the mid range and the clutching not capable of catching it ,just for that nano second when you stabb the throttle inthe mid range .
this can come from the can being a bit tight for the elevation you were experienceing the bog at .as well . brings the pipe to pressure sooner than the stock can .
this changes again the intake vaccum readings and upsets the fueling mix,

Top Bottom