Anybody need a safety person?

samsquatch47

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.powermerchants.ca
Well my wife blackbetty81 has been out of a job for almost 5 months now. She has over 10+ years of oilfield, construction and transportation safety experience. We live in north of Edmonton, but would work where ever. She is eager to go to work and isn't afraid of a camp job. Keep an eye open for us out there. I don't like to talk about our problems but I am running out of ideas. Please contact myself or blackbetty81 if you have any leads. Thanks for all replies.
Please ride safe and make it home.
Sam

khaos_

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well my wife blackbetty81 has been out of a job for almost 5 months now. She has over 10+ years of oilfield, construction and transportation safety experience. We live in north of Edmonton, but would work where ever. She is eager to go to work and isn't afraid of a camp job. Keep an eye open for us out there. I don't like to talk about our problems but I am running out of ideas. Please contact myself or blackbetty81 if you have any leads. Thanks for all replies.
Sam

I will keep my ears open. Is she an EMT? Or can just supervise the jobs as a safety adviser.

polcat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
pm Bogger on here thats his line of work he may know of something for you.
good luck

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Don't know of anything off the top of my head but I will ask around...I know of a few companies who SHOULD invest in a safety coordinator but not sure if they are willing to take on the salary involved....

Check the ACSA website they have a job link section acsa-safety.org

As well as the CSSE.org

Make some cold calls and fire out resumes randomly, thats how I landed my current position, they didn't even know they wanted a full time safety manager until they read my resume.

There are a few companies which are alwyas looking...

CEDA, United Safety, Edmonton Exchanger, PCL, Ledcor.

I'll ask around and get back to you.

Ian

samsquatch47

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.powermerchants.ca
Don't know of anything off the top of my head but I will ask around...I know of a few companies who SHOULD invest in a safety coordinator but not sure if they are willing to take on the salary involved....

Check the ACSA website they have a job link section acsa-safety.org

As well as the CSSE.org

Make some cold calls and fire out resumes randomly, thats how I landed my current position, they didn't even know they wanted a full time safety manager until they read my resume.

There are a few companies which are alwyas looking...

CEDA, United Safety, Edmonton Exchanger, PCL, Ledcor.

I'll ask around and get back to you.

Ian

Hey thanks Ian. I will see if the wife has talked to those people yet. This is awesome. I love how sledders help out fellow sledders even when it has nothing to do with sledding. Kudos to you all.:d:beer::beer::beer::beer:

samsquatch47

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.powermerchants.ca
I will keep my ears open. Is she an EMT? Or can just supervise the jobs as a safety adviser.

She is not an EMT. She is a CSO (construction safety officer) and has gone to colledge for a transportation safety officer I do believe. She has many other courses and training that I can not seem to remember off the top of my head. She has training in alcohol and drug testing from when she worked for drug tech too.

RMK Junky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Sam

Just a thought for ya...Has she considered being a safety auditor out of your own home. I know a fellow that is doing this now. He looks after building saftey manuals,looking after operating authorities and restructuring companies to be ISN compliant in the Grande Prairie area. That's been a real push here from oil companies and even from third party hires.

samsquatch47

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.powermerchants.ca
Just a thought for ya...Has she considered being a safety auditor out of your own home. I know a fellow that is doing this now. He looks after building saftey manuals,looking after operating authorities and restructuring companies to be ISN compliant in the Grande Prairie area. That's been a real push here from oil companies and even from third party hires.

Yea she used to do that. We have been talking about her doing it again, but you all know how expensive advertising has got now a days. She has her own company already set up because she was contract for the last oil company. I guess if any one knows of a small business that doesn't need a full time safety person but needs some safety help send them our way. She can get them COR certified and has built many of safety manuals for other companies. Special deals to fellow snowandmuders! LOL!
Thanks again to all that are helping us out.:)

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
Kearl lake is picking up full bore.
Look at "Fluor" they are an international company and are looking for three full time safety positions to fill.

Apply online. Good salaries and lots of room to advance.

I am also a safety consultant and talked with them yesterday.

Strike energy is also getting some pipeline projects. Looke them up on line and throw in a resume.

Hope this helps!

Happy sledding. Watch out Revy were on our way! Yah Hoo!

Ridin High

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey try McCoy Corporation in Edmonton. I had worked for one of their companies within the division and i knwo they were looking for safety personal. Give it a shot even if they are not looking. the manager is Tony, if he still hold thats position.

Bruteskeg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Try saftey Boss i was talking to one of the lead hands there this fall and he said they wear going to need lots of extra hands over the winter. Not sure if all the positions are filled now .

Toeknee

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey try McCoy Corporation in Edmonton. I had worked for one of their companies within the division and i knwo they were looking for safety personal. Give it a shot even if they are not looking. the manager is Tony, if he still hold thats position.

Thanks Ridin High but I am not looking for additional people at this time but Samsquatch have her send me a resume, good possibility in the near future. I will PM you my McCoy contact information. She may also want to check the MHSA (Manufactures Health and Safety Association) web site they have job postings there as well. Toeknee AKA Tony :)

BlackBetty81

Reaction score
Omg!!!!
You guys are all so wonderful.
I have now applied at all the websites that you all suggested.
KimRick and Bogger, thank you so much for your direction!
As well ToeKnee, would you PM your contact so I can shoot a resume your way?
I am currently working on a three week pipeline job up by Conklin, but I do not have anything lined up for after this job.
Thank you all again for all your help, samquatch47 and I really appreciate your help!
Jessie

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bucyrus is looking, there the large shovel manufacturer. They have a shop on 118th on the West Side.

When are you done your pipeline job in Conklin, and how much experience do you have with oil & gas.

pm me and I'll give you my e mail address at Ledcor.

thanks.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Bucyrus is looking, there the large shovel manufacturer. They have a shop on 118th on the West Side.

When are you done your pipeline job in Conklin, and how much experience do you have with oil & gas.

pm me and I'll give you my e mail address at Ledcor.

thanks.

Hey Dale, ave you ever had any involvement with the ACSA's Edmonton Regional Safety Committee????? I've been a member for 10years and sat on the ACSA board of directors for 2 years, we're always looking for new membership... great for networking

Just Sayin:d

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes I have but it's been a while. Let me know when the next meeting is and I'll put it in my calendar so I don't forget.

tbosch

Reaction score
PM me your contact info. We may have a position opened up here soon at one of our projects near cold lake.

Top Bottom