Another set of junk SP bars broken.

RockSmasher

Reaction score
Dropped about 10 feet into powder yesterday and snapped the brake side of my bars right off at that retarded bolt hole for the mountain bar. I noticed on the new set of bars I got for a 14 XM, they don't have stupid holes in them. New style mountain bar is a clamp on. Of course backordered. I told the dealer that BRP should recall all the 13 SP bars because that's a safety issue. Riding out with half a handlebar SUCKS, and some places a guy would have to tape or wire a branch onto the bars to get out of some technical stuff. The dealer basically laughed when I mentioned they should recall all the bars. I told him to go home and drill holes through his wife's cars' control arms to 2/3 of the total area and haul ass down a gravel road . Funny boy stopped laughing. Pretty chicken shizz for a $14 large sled.

Last edited:

Newmanater90

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You spend all that money on a snowmobile and should have to change factory parts cause you know they are junk? If the dealer gave me a set for free i would change them but not on my own dime.

you should have changed them before the season starts...

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dropped about 10 feet into powder yesterday and snapped the brake side of my bars right off at that retarded bolt hole for the mountain bar. I noticed on the new set of bars I got for a 14 XM, they don't have stupid holes in them. New style mountain bar is a clamp on. Of course backordered. I told the dealer that BRP should recall all the 13 SP bars because that's a safety issue. Riding out with half a handlebar SUCKS, and some places a guy would have to tape or wire a branch onto the bars to get out of some technical stuff. The dealer basically laughed when I mentioned they should recall all the bars. I told him to go home and drill holes through his wife's cars' control arms to 2/3 of the total area and haul ass down a gravel road . Funny boy stopped laughing. Pretty chicken shizz for a $14 large sled.
Hey why shat on the dealer He didn't build it .

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You spend all that money on a snowmobile and should have to change factory parts cause you know they are junk? If the dealer gave me a set for free i would change them but not on my own dime.
Haha yah because nobody does that right.

summit1974

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Doing ten ft drops will do it.the shocks on my sled are pathetic but I don't bitch that they should be better after spending 14g on a new sled

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

347strokin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's pretty ridiculous they put holes through the bars. Not sure where their R&D team was on that one. They won't be too happy when they get a lawsuit or two coming their way. I agree abuse is abuse, but a flawed product is also a real thing.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not saying there isn't a flaw with the bars but why do peeps complain about chit breaking when they impact something or do something the ride wasn't designed for?

Last time i me I checked one of skidoo's ads it showed rob Alford dropping 20ft on a xm. If there not meant for big drops why do they promote a sled doing it. Just making a simple observation;)

RockSmasher

Reaction score
Hey why shat on the dealer He didn't build it .
No he didn't build it but he does sell and endorse it. When a guy brings up a safety issue to the service manager of a dealer, and they laugh at you like you're an idiot, I won't put up with that. Maybe you will. A simple, "Yeah, it's a piss poor design that they never should have released" would have satisfied me.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last time i me I checked one of skidoo's ads it showed rob Alford dropping 20ft on a xm. If there not meant for big drops why do they promote a sled doing it. Just making a simple observation;)

Good point! :hmm: I was on the mfgrs side till you reminded me of that.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Those bars will break just carving around seen it happen. And I know what Rob thinks about those bars....

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya they should be replaced that is bs. I'm sure it was a number crunching last minute money saver decision.

But in reality I know some guys that shred hard and have had some serious wipeouts on the SP 2013 and never broke the bars. So the few people that have broke the bars are just hitting the sweet spot for it to break. Either way send brp a letter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

Last edited:

duggyb

Reaction score
last time i checked rob alford is also riding Xs or Freerides.

maybe you shouldn't have cheaped out and spent the extra $400 to get an X or few G for a Freeride if your going to be doing 10ft+ drops.

Let me guess next your going to complain because your HPG shocks are not rebuild able and you blew them out trying to do the scenes from the promo vid.

xmsummit154

Reaction score
So got my 13 xm stuck today had to roll it over to get unstuck? As I did this the throttle side bar must have contacted the ground through the snow and bent it one inch down wards. Junk bars So what does a guy replace it with?? are the new ones any better or should a guy go aftermarket?? Like Pro Taper?? Does a guy need to order new hand grips or can a guy get the old ones off and reuse them??

Lightningmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So got my 13 xm stuck today had to roll it over to get unstuck? As I did this the throttle side bar must have contacted the ground through the snow and bent it one inch down wards. Junk bars So what does a guy replace it with?? are the new ones any better or should a guy go aftermarket?? Like Pro Taper?? Does a guy need to order new hand grips or can a guy get the old ones off and reuse them??

I think it was $270 for 14 SP bars with heat elements, grips, and new mountain grab bar that clamps on

Sent from my SGH-I547C using Tapatalk

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree with the bad design group, first time I saw the bolt through the bars last year I thought WTF is that! No way it is going to last. If there are enough complaints in writing to BRP you may get somewhere, bitching to the dealer not so much as it will come out of his pocket if BRp is no reimbursing him. Yes he is a dealer but he does not stay a dealer by giving parts away just like you do not buy parts for strangers that break their sleds. The bitch letters need to hit BRP.

Top Bottom