Alternative Facts

52weekbreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kellyanne Conway made up a fake terrorist attack to justify Trump

Why is it that people in positions of power and influence seem to be thinking that they can just make up any nonsense that suits their mood or intention without any attempt at even making the story plausible.

I use the Kellyanne Conway example because it is everywhere but it certainly isn't limited to American politics, the Canadian politicians seem to be headed that direction as well and Trudeau seems to be leading the way.

As distasteful as I find most of these antics, I am even more amazed at people who come out in defense of the source of the lie (Give him/her a chance. We need to rally behind this person!)

With the internet, BS seems to travel as fast or faster than true articles. The media is complicit and little or no fact checking on stories the pick up and report as real news.

This seems to be getting completely out of hand. So when I was growing up, I was raised to understand that people who did not tell the truth to best of their ability were liars or Bullsh*tters which was really intended to be a slang for liar. There really wasn't too much worse than being a liar except thief and murderer I suppose. I learned much in my younger years and was called out by my family and friends if what I said wasn't completely true and I have been diligent to conduct my life accordingly. In business, my word is my bond and there I have learned to document what I say to avoid people who claim much more was promised.

I am not talking satirical pieces (The Nederlands video and Saturday Night Live's Trump pieces) but it would be interesting to capture some of the latest BS and stick it in one place.....

mxracer14

Reaction score
What a horrible website, the ads were covering half the article! couldn't read it!

dogsmack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Part of the point with all the ads. A ton of this social media crap is designed for that purpose alone. Can't explain how it come to be the norm that what ever you see on the internet is true. Blame google maybe we all use it but as groups employ people who are savvy with HTML tags and other cute little internet codes they can generate sites that get 100's of thousands of hits in minutes. People see that and OMG it has to be true starts to cross their mind. Good example is the blip about that movie Dog's purpose" and the abuse of the shepard making the film. Right away the uneducated masses are "BOYCOTT" the film. What they fail to realize is the movie producer once he seen what was happening fired said trainer. Keep in mind the producer is a rescuer of abused dogs. Very few know that. His words " we employed a very well known and trusted dog trainer" and everyone was simply afraid to say anything because of "status". Sound familiar?

Research Soros and his "vested interests". Snow flakes love them handouts. Irony, Berkley University.....A gay jew who embraces free speach gets shutdown by the Libs. I guess they will eat their own. Every day I wake up ask myself "what mind blowing act of stupidity am I going to see today on social media" Grab a litre of cola and a bag of popcorn. This crap isn't over yet lol.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
... Can't explain how it come to be the norm that what ever you see on the internet is true....

This is not just an internet issue. Before the internet, people were believing anything they see in print or on TV. ...and still are. The only real difference is that you can reach more people faster using internet based media.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The internet is a problem, AND the solution. The "mainstream media" have been misleading the masses for 70+ years with TV and papers. Now with the internet, people are not tuning in for their daily dose of mind control....and it pi$$es them off. Too bad, so sad. Sorry to say, they drag Breitbart's name through the mud, but the reality is that Breitbart's website has real news. Infowars is kinda off the deep end to the right that most mainstream news is to the left...but I will still peruse a few articles on there. I like the Rebel news (Canada), but since they went pay-site, I just can't justify it. I do believe they do a much better job of covering BOTH sides to stories than say CBC or Global.

Last edited:

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Because of trump the largely leftist media, celebrities and globalization movement have really dug their heels in to push thier own propaganda. Daily there are examples of this, for example riots at Berkeley over Milo yiannopolous, the home of free speech movement and a riot preventing free speech, I guess the first amendment for the left only applies when convenient, largely miss represented by news, today terrorist shot dead in France, could hardly find coverage on CBC. I think alternative facts more like alternative news.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well as a proud liberal I think we should stand up for everyone ! We should all be included in the process ...

Unless of course you disagree with me ... Then...Well... We might as well riot & burn **** down ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom