Alpha Shopping List

Rjjtcross8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So... I’m going to keep this one simple!
Purchased my chit from Altitude PowerSports
SSI Ti Can
Jaws Pipe & Y pipe (jezuz she has a big hole)
Sooo Jaws NEW pipe is supposed to be real good!
SSI Head .. don’t know specs just bought the damn thing!
SSI/BDX Flash
SSI Clutching
Gearing & Chain
Then some bumper chit
I think I’m going to go with Doo Linq for fuel jug.
Then if I’m not happy with power ... gonna do SSI 900!!
Anyways .. looking forward to the season!
Interested to hear your results from this combo, sounds like it will
be fairly stout.

killerrf

Reaction score
What is this airbox silicone required deal you speak of?

Thanks folks.
I’ve got Mountain Addiction rails I never used so was going to buy the combo gas can/bag setup so I probably should install something stiffenerish. Was watching a couple videos of guys installing boards and bumpers and the tunnels look pretty flimsy compared to what I’m used to (Doo).

CR stuff seems ok. Anyone know what the difference is between the Gen 1 and Gen 2 rear bumpers are? I see they have the Gen 1’s on sale.

I’m going to ride it first before I decide if I need boards.

Dealer was trying to sell me an MBRP can. Not sure how they compare to others out there. My experience with them has been so-so.

some intakes leaked bad. mine had gaps all over the place. caused bogging and lots of ice buildup in intake. did this to stop and crap sucking into eng

Attachments

• IMG_2496.jpg
    IMG_2496.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 254
  • IMG_2497.jpg
    IMG_2497.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 243
  • IMG_2498.jpg
    IMG_2498.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 247

LMLCHEVY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Finally got the rear bumper and brace done. One thing I would recommend CR do is open up the square windows that go around the stock rear running board mounts another 1/8”-3/16”. I had to open mine up to get everything to line up. And even then several holes were out quite a bit. Not as clean as I would like. But it should do its job to keep the tunnel from going full hockey stick.

But If I had to do it again I’d buy the BDX one. WHAT A JOB!!! Working from inside the tunnel might be fine on a sled lift table thing but hanging it off the engine hoist was pretty lame.

Comparing front to rear/BDX to CR I think BDX has the colour a bit more dialed in also.

For those wondering the cover with this bumper combination will fit, but it’s real tight! Will see how it does on the sled deck road test.

79a729835c4e07c7b85424622d9bfa72.jpg
6d93184a3e722034c5652201b50512b9.jpg

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Looks good.... but a ton of work.

The BDX colors are exact as they own several Cat dealers in the States.

Rjjtcross8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Finally got the rear bumper and brace done. One thing I would recommend CR do is open up the square windows that go around the stock rear running board mounts another 1/8”-3/16”. I had to open mine up to get everything to line up. And even then several holes were out quite a bit. Not as clean as I would like. But it should do its job to keep the tunnel from going full hockey stick.

But If I had to do it again I’d buy the BDX one. WHAT A JOB!!! Working from inside the tunnel might be fine on a sled lift table thing but hanging it off the engine hoist was pretty lame.

Comparing front to rear/BDX to CR I think BDX has the colour a bit more dialed in also.

For those wondering the cover with this bumper combination will fit, but it’s real tight! Will see how it does on the sled deck road test.

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191027/79a729835c4e07c7b85424622d9bfa72.jpg//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191027/6d93184a3e722034c5652201b50512b9.jpg
Going with an aftermarket bumper on mine and was curious on how well the stock cover will fit after. Thanks for sharing!

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I foresee a kitty in your future Jeff!
Mabe yup

Not dealing with friggin banner, so...

Never had a chance to ride with rory last year on his loaner, and have one buddy I spent 5 min on his alpha, but he has finger whiskey throttle, so haven't had a good chance to ride for a half plus day

LMLCHEVY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mabe yup

Not dealing with friggin banner, so...

Never had a chance to ride with rory last year on his loaner, and have one buddy I spent 5 min on his alpha, but he has finger whiskey throttle, so haven't had a good chance to ride for a half plus day

Meh just run out and get one like I did Jeff. Sure you can sell the French trench without too much trouble.

Top Bottom