All this wait for the 2012s , huge disappointment

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok can someone explain the math to me because its not adding up.

13 lbs boost.

powderlites was getting 11hp/lb of boost on the doo 1200.

so lets go conservative at 8hp/lb boost. fair?

8 x 13 = 104hp and from what i can tell this is intercooled aswell.

so this engine NA is supposed to make 123hp

123 + 104 = 227HP.

so either the NA engine is making 73 HP or there is not 13lb boost...or i am totally missing something?

because it seems more like 5-7 lb boost

I too may be wrong but when I read the brochure I was assuming that the Altitude Compensating boost controller adjusts the boost level as you go up in elevation. This will give you 177HP all the way from sea level to 10,000 ft. I guess the 13lbs of boost would be at 10,000ft. Unlocking that 227hp (ish) at 6000 ft should just be a matter of overriding that module and having the appropriate fuel.

Last edited:

Crazy8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

13 lbs boost.

123 + 104 = 227HP.

so either the NA engine is making 73 HP or there is not 13lb boost...or i am totally missing something?

I wonder does it have anything to do with the engine design. Isn't this an even firing twin, meaning both jugs fire at the same time? Would that have an effect on # hp/lbs of boost?:confused:

Or are they going back to the old muscle car days when a big block Hemi was only rated for 390hp for insurance purposes but could push an easy 500hp with just a tune?;)

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score

13 lbs boost.

123 + 104 = 227HP.

Well maxwell.. If you take the overall manifold pressure... and divide it by the length of stroke... You will get an overall Hp rating.... if your looking for weight to horsepower..... You take the overall horsepower rating.....Put it on the SAME dyno polaris uses... divide it in half...... and cross reference the coolant cap pressure with the addition of a nos octance booster bottle availabe at most petro canadas.... You will indeed find out that.. yes....I like to party.

beeonaplug

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.highcountrytrailrides.ca.
I too may be wrong but when I read the brochure I was assuming that the Altitude Compensating boost controller adjusts the boost level as you go up in elevation. This will give you 177HP all the way from sea level to 10,000 ft. I guess the 13lbs of boost would be at 10,000ft. Unlocking that 227hp (ish) at 6000 ft should just be a matter of overriding that module and having the appropriate fuel.

I would guess you are probably right with the altitude compensating controller. I don't think the even fire engine would make any difference.
I hope cat is going to stand by there warranty, cuz it would be so easy to add another 100 hp to that thing and not do to much. And how many guys are going to buy this thing and leave it stock......not I.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well maxwell.. If you take the overall manifold pressure... and divide it by the length of stroke... You will get an overall Hp rating.... if your looking for weight to horsepower..... You take the overall horsepower rating.....Put it on the SAME dyno polaris uses... divide it in half...... and cross reference the coolant cap pressure with the addition of a nos octance booster bottle availabe at most petro canadas.... You will indeed find out that.. yes....I like to party.
but do you like cake?

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
is there no more diamond drive? verno spotted a jackshaft in a pic....

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im not as big of a cake eater as maxwell... But a little party cake never hurt anyone...Except two and a half men :cigar:
lol....how much coke can Charlie Sheen do? enough to kill 2 and a half men....

ridndirty

Reaction score
Does any body else think those little hooks on the ski's look like a handy place to hook a rope, to make it a little easier to get back to the truck? Or is it just me?:beer:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the skis look like they wont like the snow and drifts. i have a set of c and a on my 880 that look just like that and hello nose dive over the bars!

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
the skis look like they wont like the snow and drifts. i have a set of c and a on my 880 that look just like that and hello nose dive over the bars!

Im pretty lazy... But what does this thing have for a track? its 15 wide still I assume.. What about lug?

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score

Cat-2.25... 15 wide.... 550 lbs..... 170 hp....
Doo- 464lbs... 164 hp..16 wide.. 2.5"
I think everyone needs to consider all this when they get a boner becuase it says TURBO on the hood. I think the E-TECH stock for stock is going to give this thing a healthy run for its money. But.. again... Im not a doctor. Guess we will see... maybe the cats abaility to hold its power at elevation's is going to make up for all of that.

Colorado

Reaction score
Not worth that wait? Why dont you just come out with it and say I cant afford one... rather than trashing on everything? People will respect that more. If your a cat fan... I cant see why you WOULDNT be extatic over this thing... Hell Im a doo guy and I still think they did a good job! What the hell were you looking for anyways? A 400 horse 200" track that weighed 200 lbs?

Your ridiculous, grow up seriously

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I congratulate Arctic Cat and Polaris by introducing their versions of the ski-doo XP recently. way to go! LOL

Top Bottom