Alcohol + sledding

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I ride with my wife and kids.... they see me enjoy a beer or two, same as I watched my dad enjoy many beer while away on family ski trips, for the record, I'm much better at moderating myself than my father was....

What i would like to see happen with this thread is hand the key board over to your spouse or kids.... they can tell us if your drinking is fine or not. Might hurt a few feelings though...of coarse not nearly as much as the reverse of it.

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think leaving your garbage/cans in a container at the cabin is almost as bad as dropping them in the snow. Someone still has to pack that down the trail. If it fit in your seat/pack/bag on the way up it will fit on the way down.

I have to agree, if you can pack it in, you can pack it out.....but in our all about me lazy, complaining socity....this just pissis me off.
If it was up to me (and it's a good thing it's not) any one who litters would be publicly flogged. I would like to follow these people home and through garbage in there yard, but there yards are most licley all ready littered with garbage.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well if there was a can or bag at the cabins for this purpose the guys throwing the cans may put them there, maybe maybe not, it would be way easier to clean them up. easy dollars for the club or groomer, although may be more garbage as such also. the cans seem to be left there anyway, may as well have a container for them.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anybody have any pictures of all the litter up there in the spring? better yet i am going up this spring.. summer with a camera and some garbage bags and have a look for my self. I never trust hear say.

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well if there was a can or bag at the cabins for this purpose the guys throwing the cans may put them there, maybe maybe not, it would be way easier to clean them up. easy dollars for the club or groomer, although may be more garbage as such also. the cans seem to be left there anyway, may as well have a container for them.
Yep my wife and I and a buddy usaully go up at the end of the year and bring out all the garbage at are local cabin. We pick up all the crap down the trail then the parking lot .Last year we got 4 bags from cabin and picked a full bag of can and water bottles on the way out and at the parking lot.I don't mind hauling the garbage out of the cabin it's better than picking it up down the trail.

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

If only it was that simple, wouldn’t life be grand, the trouble with a container is the idiots seem to think once it's full of cans/garbage and it will be a mixed bag of sh#t then they just throw it on the floor around the can, these morons think it's the job of who ewer’s garbage/recycle can it is to have it emptied immediately when it's full, it is a good way to obtain a little extra revenue, and it can add up, if only the garbage got but in the flippen garbage can and the recycle got but in the recycle can. Nothing worse for me as a volunteer to have to clean up other peoples sh$t.....

Last edited:

g7gcbc

Reaction score
There is absolutely no need to drink on the hill. If you must get drunk, do it after the ride. Duuuuh.

g7gcbc

Reaction score
:nono:There is absolutely no need to drink on the hill. If you must get drunk, do it after the ride. Duuuuh.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:nono:There is absolutely no need to drink on the hill. If you must get drunk, do it after the ride. Duuuuh.

wow, i need a drink now after yer very informative post, haven't seen many posts condoning getting drunk, unless yer a mind reader? did see a few that would get er done at the trailer for the drive home though, is that what yer talkin about.

i have no problem with a beer on the trail maybe even two. please tell me how drunk i am after a beer or maybe even two on a 7hr ride.

besides beer don't affect my riding ability, i tend tofall off whether i drink a beer or not, i also seem to have the ability to find water. follow me and you won't have to drink beer as you'll have all the water you want.

Last edited:

arcticdodge

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry but no drinking and sledding or even quadding should be acceptable. Not on the hill or in the parking lot. Don't get me wrong I like to have a drink or three. But when you have to operate a motor vehicle, sled, quad, vehicle there are more appropiate places to quench that thirst. I drink after sledding but either in my room or the hotel lounge, and the same goes for quadding, sat by the fire when the machines are parked for the day. I personally would like to see more fines/suspensions handed out for drinking and driving.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry but no drinking and sledding or even quadding should be acceptable. Not on the hill or in the parking lot. Don't get me wrong I like to have a drink or three. But when you have to operate a motor vehicle, sled, quad, vehicle there are more appropiate places to quench that thirst. I drink after sledding but either in my room or the hotel lounge, and the same goes for quadding, sat by the fire when the machines are parked for the day. I personally would like to see more fines/suspensions handed out for drinking and driving.

how about getting and keeping the problem drunks off the road, how about the texters, the people with the dogs running around the vehicles, those with the friggin whiny crying kids, were do you think we should stop?

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anyway so far less than .05 bal now is legal to drive any motorized vehicle, can't see this thread going anywhere fast or slow. best to do yer drinkin without driving, take a cab. stay safe for the upcoming holidays.

Last edited:

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Sorry but no drinking and sledding or even quadding should be acceptable. Not on the hill or in the parking lot. Don't get me wrong I like to have a drink or three. But when you have to operate a motor vehicle, sled, quad, vehicle there are more appropiate places to quench that thirst. I drink after sledding but either in my room or the hotel lounge, and the same goes for quadding, sat by the fire when the machines are parked for the day. I personally would like to see more fines/suspensions handed out for impaired driving.

agreed...

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
arcticdodge;1601978[SIZE=3 said:
]Sorry but no drinking and sledding or even quadding should be acceptable[/SIZE]. Not on the hill or in the parking lot. Don't get me wrong I like to have a drink or three. But when you have to operate a motor vehicle, sled, quad, vehicle there are more appropiate places to quench that thirst. I drink after sledding but either in my room or the hotel lounge, and the same goes for quadding, sat by the fire when the machines are parked for the day. I personally would like to see more fines/suspensions handed out for drinking and driving.

so what are we doing on this site if it is uanacceptable to be quadding or sledding or drinking?

just givin ya the gears.

Top Bottom