Alcohol + sledding

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There will be a fine line on what they determine as under the influence... I would imagine .08 means nothing to them.

That's why I threw in the "field sobriety test". Interesting though. Something to think about before having a beer after work then driving home for sure.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If I were in a collision in my vehicle that wasn't caused by me and my blood/alcohol level was 0.03 and I showed no signs of impairment would alcohol be a factor? This is a legit question.
Not just to you T-team but everyone.

regardless of BAC you can forfeit your coverage, and/or be held liable in litigation.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you are driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, your insurance may be invalid. If your insurance policy contains a clause stating that the insurance policy is void if you were driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, your insurance company may not pay for any damage you cause. You should check your policy for exclusion clauses listing circumstances and behavior that will invalidate your insurance coverage.

Read from an insurance site.
damn my net is slow, or you guys are quick...

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Very interesting topic millsy

It just seems odd to me that I could be operating a motor vehicle in a lawful manner, someone breaks the traffic law, hits me and cause I have a legal amount of alcohol in my system I could be liable. I have no doubt that the info the double T's (sorry boys. Haha) are offering is accurate. Just got me thinking is all.

Scrambled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I usually always take 2 or 3 beer withme and a dube,some times its all gone when I get back to the truck,sometimes not,my group tends to stay away from the busy areas and cabins because we are anti social,to me its each there own,i always ride catious when in busy areas,ive almost been plowed into afew times by straight riders hotdogging,which is fine,just got to be on the look out all the time,no different then on the quad in the dunes,so we tend to just find are own spots to play.

catinthehat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately all this talk about drinking and riding is going to give somebody the idea that maybe it is time to start pulling over every truck with sleds because the odds(based on percentage of posts on here) are that they will have been drinking. Why oh why do we keep doing these things to ourselves??

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately all this talk about drinking and riding is going to give somebody the idea that maybe it is time to start pulling over every truck with sleds because the odds(based on percentage of posts on here) are that they will have been drinking. Why oh why do we keep doing these things to ourselves??

I will gladly provide a breath sample for any officer anytime. I don't drive drunk. If my sled is on or not. Even though I have my two up the hill. My .02

dropitbuster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It just seems odd to me that I could be operating a motor vehicle in a lawful manner, someone breaks the traffic law, hits me and cause I have a legal amount of alcohol in my system I could be liable. I have no doubt that the info the double T's (sorry boys. Haha) are offering is accurate. Just got me thinking is all.

Insurance is a multi billion dollar business. They will look for any reason not to cover your claim even if it's your fault or not.

Not snowmobile related but I had a friend who was t-boned by a drunk driver who blew a stop sign. No one was seriously hurt but his car was written off. Insurance said he was half at fault and only covered half of his damages because the stop sign which had been at that intersection for 50 years had been knocked down by another drunk driver the night before. He took it to court and still only got 50 percent covered.

I just don't drink because it makes me tired. Red Bull and 5 hour energy shots keep me going.

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
If your drunk sitting at a stop sign and someone rear ends you..., guess who is in trouble?

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If your drunk sitting at a stop sign and someone rear ends you..., guess who is in trouble?

Drunk......understandable.
Legal BAC.........hmmmm......

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
Insurance is a multi billion dollar business. They will look for any reason not to cover your claim even if it's your fault or not.

Not snowmobile related but I had a friend who was t-boned by a drunk driver who blew a stop sign. No one was seriously hurt but his car was written off. Insurance said he was half at fault and only covered half of his damages because the stop sign which had been at that intersection for 50 years had been knocked down by another drunk driver the night before. He took it to court and still only got 50 percent covered.

I just don't drink because it makes me tired. Red Bull and 5 hour energy shots keep me going.

Do you realize energy drinks when taken in quantity are just as capable of imparting motor skills and giving you a false sense of awareness and competency while your motor skills are still impaired..... Much like alcohol and drug do?

Top Bottom