Alberta Beach Snowmobile Club

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well gave it some thought a while back when bogger was asking for information about the Alberta Beach Snowmobile Club and had some questions that I couldn't answer, bothered me since I am a member of that club (just joined this year) and was a member a couple years back (tell's me how involved I am).

So when I happened to be talking to Kel Harder Vice President he mentioned that they were looking for volunteers and needed a secretary and asked if I would be interested..... Time to redeem myself and get involved.... I volunteered. (bogger, plio7 and mike#'s no secretary cracks STFU)

They have updated the web site and will continue to update it on a regular basis, you can check it out at absnowmobileclub.com.

Also on the web site they have posted the rides for the upcoming season 2010/2011 and route maps.

Here's the club ride dates.
Dec 27 Swan Hills
Jan 22 Local ride on our trail
Feb 5 Westlock trail
Feb 12 Fox Creek & ASA Jamboree
Feb 19 Sno Mo Days Poker Rally
Feb 25,26 & 27 – Golden Triangle
March 5 weekend – Nordegg

Did I mention that THE TRAIL'S ARE OPEN AND MARKED.

Don't forget to support the Alberta Snowmobile Association (ASA) and buy your Alberta Trail Pass and join a local club in your area.

thanks,

Last edited:

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
good on ya dale....promise no jokes about the skirt....and i will be sure to get you some flowers for secretaries day

Well gave it some thought a while back when bogger was asking for information about the Alberta Beach Snowmobile Club and had some questions that I couldn't answer, bothered me since I am a member of that club (just joined this year) and was a member a couple years back (tell's me how involved I am).

So when I happened to be talking to Kel Harder Vice President he mentioned that they were looking for volunteers and needed a secretary and asked if I would be interested..... Time to redeem myself and get involved.... I volunteered. (bogger, plio7 and mike#'s no secretary cracks STFU)

They have updated the web site and will continue to update it on a regular basis, you can check it out at absnowmobileclub.com.

Also on the web site they have posted the rides for the upcoming season 2010/2011 and route maps.

Here's the club ride dates.
Dec 27 Swan Hills
Jan 22 Local ride on our trail
Feb 5 Westlock trail
Feb 12 Fox Creek & ASA Jamboree
Feb 19 Sno Mo Days Poker Rally
Feb 25,26 & 27 – Golden Triangle
March 5 weekend – Nordegg

Did I mention that THE TRAIL'S ARE OPEN AND MARKED.

Don't forget to support the Alberta Snowmobile Association (ASA) and buy your Alberta Trail Pass and join a local club in your area.

thanks,

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:d
good on ya dale....promise no jokes about the skirt....and i will be sure to get you some flowers for secretaries day

Fugger...... Just wait....:d

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
Nice job Dale ........... virtual pat on the ass for you!! :beer::d

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Good for you Dale. I have been involved with my club since 1983. Kind of grows on you after a while. Nice to see people stepping up and getting involved

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Good for you Dale. I have been involved with my club since 1983. Kind of grows on you after a while. Nice to see people stepping up and getting involved

1983???? I had heard you were vice president under Jesus back in the day....:eek:

Good on ya dale, I have been in contact with Marlene and have to fill out the club membership application (i hope there is no math:eek: )

I've offered to volunteer in any capacity required schedule dependant, we won't be around for the Dec 27th ride that is our travel day back from valemount. sno-mo days is the weekend prior to castlegar so it will be a good warm-up ride... need to practice drinking beer, I almost have it down pat...

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
1983???? I had heard you were vice president under Jesus back in the day....:eek:

Good on ya dale, I have been in contact with Marlene and have to fill out the club membership application (i hope there is no math:eek: )

I've offered to volunteer in any capacity required schedule dependant, we won't be around for the Dec 27th ride that is our travel day back from valemount. sno-mo days is the weekend prior to castlegar so it will be a good warm-up ride... need to practice drinking beer, I almost have it down pat...

Nope no math, that's how I got in..... Looking forward to the warm up ride, we'll have to practice beer swilling before the new year or can stop out for 1 or 2 if your around this weekend.

I'll have an enclosed trailer for Castlegar, I'll go out to Athabasca and pick up dad's. Still haven't bought one, looking at everything out there and figuring out what I want so no rush I guess.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Just attended what was supposed to be the Annual General Meeting and elections....Member turn out was too low to complete the elections.

Meeting is re-scheduled for WEDNESDAY MARCH 30th @ 7pm at the AB beach Agriplex...

For a club with 180 members a meeting turn out of 15 is poor, the steady members work tirelessly but it's time for some new younger blood to start getting involved and help out...

If your in the west of edmonton area stand up and be counted, the more members and the more involvement the more effective the club can be..

Just sayin...

The voting will take place on March 30th regardless of turnout as per the club bylaws...on the second attempt the voting will not be delayed.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
TTT... meeting is tonight, common people get involved...

Just attended what was supposed to be the Annual General Meeting and elections....Member turn out was too low to complete the elections.

Meeting is re-scheduled for WEDNESDAY MARCH 30th @ 7pm at the AB beach Agriplex...

For a club with 180 members a meeting turn out of 15 is poor, the steady members work tirelessly but it's time for some new younger blood to start getting involved and help out...

If your in the west of edmonton area stand up and be counted, the more members and the more involvement the more effective the club can be..

Just sayin...

The voting will take place on March 30th regardless of turnout as per the club bylaws...on the second attempt the voting will not be delayed.

mallard d69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not a member, and honestly not sure if i can make it or not. but can anyone go/make a difference

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I'm not a member, and honestly not sure if i can make it or not. but can anyone go/make a difference

they would expect you to join eventually and you would not have any voting rights until you joined but I'm sure they will not tell you to GTFO if you haven't signed up yet.

Top Bottom