Aftermarket belts

orangemaddness

Reaction score
Hey guys just wondering if anyone out there is running an aftermarket (not polaris brand) belt in their 2011 -14 pro. I have an 11 and 13. But don't want to pay $180 bucks for a spare anymore. I've only blown one belt so maybe I shouldn't complain but just thought I'd see what's out there.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I too recommend the Cat belt. The Dayco belts don't run as smooth and the Carlisle can explode and take out the entire footwell. Guess how I know.

Carlisle belts wore the **** out of my clutch faces too. Guy that rebuilds my clutches asked if i constantly haul a ice fishing trailer or what.

I got a cat belt in cooke city, under $100 with the exchange.

#canadastrong

orangemaddness

Reaction score
I got about 1300km out of my first belt and 80% of them were at WOT. How do those cat belts compare. If they hold out fairly well I know where i'll be getting my next belt. Thanks guys

tavis43

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tried gates on my Rzr and it wore out really fast, on my 13 pro I run the cat 048 and it works great, have had dayco Pn the sled and it blew up in no time they gave me a new one on warranty. It is my spare now

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
I went with the G-Force C12. It uses a carbon tensile cord. Says "Carbon Tensile Cords Provide Optimal Power Transmission Resulting in Faster Acceleration, Improved Throttle Response & Consistent Shifting Performance". Dunno if they're blowing sunshine or not. It's only a spare for now, so I guess time will tell.

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ran one Cat belt all last season. It got a workout for over a thousand miles.

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
I ran the Gates belt last year, I bought it from Mountain Magic and it had a 1 year warranty against failure. I put 800 miles on it running my turbo and on the last ride I noticed the rope came out but it did not blow. I am gonna send it in and see if they will cover it but otherwise I liked it cuz I could only get 300 miles out of the polaris belt. This year I bought a carbon fibre one and thought I would try it out, I am happy with 800 miles on a belt in the mountains, especially running a 174 3 inch track.

Top Bottom