After 17 years of sleding i'm finally going out west!!

2010_rmk

Reaction score
I have been addicted to sleding since i was a kid from kitty cat to my 600 rmk. So in February or March next year i plain on going to revelstoke B.C. on a one week trip. It will be the first time in the mountains!!!

I wanted to ask with the weather changing in the past years is their a difference between February or March with the amount of snow in the mountains?

Thanks!!:beer:

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lots of snow Feb and march. Visibility will most likely be better in march. Either way hit and miss. You'll love it either way

Don't forget to be prepared with safety gear which you can rent in revy. Shovel beacon probe. If your unfamiliar with the area it doesn't hurt to hire a guide your first day or two. Real easy to get lost when the clouds come in if you don't know the area

Last edited:

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One thing you can predict about the weather in Revy is that it will be unpredictable! :d

2010_rmk

Reaction score
We do have a guide and all the gear for the mountains, i can't f*cking wait to get their!!! :d

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
your only regret will be that you didn't do it sooner. that was mine anyways, and iv'e been doing for six years now

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love riding with old guys that know what there doing. I just horse around and follow

It's great riding with young guys with your attitude. My nephew just started this winter and it didn't take him long to figure out that when us old guys give him advise it's usually because we've learned most of it the hard way.

Well....that and I need the help to dig my sled out! After 40+ plus years on sleds I still can't get control over that "stupid factor" some times! :d

Last edited:

Junior Highmark

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's great riding with young guys with your attitude. My nephew just started this winter and it didn't take him long to figure out that when us old guys give him advise it's usually because we've learned most of it the hard way.

Well....that and I need the help to dig my sled out! After 40+ plus years on sleds I still can't get control over that "stupid factor" some times! :d

I've learned being stubborn sledding is bad.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

2010_rmk

Reaction score
I love riding with old guys that know what there doing. I just horse around and follow

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

It should be a "little" different riding from the hydro lines and ditch banging in Ontario lol. We max out with the amount of snow being close to two feet, but that only lasts 2 weeks of riding.

The three guys I'm going with have been twice before and said the guides are stand up guys!! By the end of the day of 8 hrs of riding your body is dog tired (but I'm sure u guys already know that lol).

Cheers
Chris:)

what_next

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It should be a "little" different riding from the hydro lines and ditch banging in Ontario lol. We max out with the amount of snow being close to two feet, but that only lasts 2 weeks of riding.

The three guys I'm going with have been twice before and said the guides are stand up guys!! By the end of the day of 8 hrs of riding your body is dog tired (but I'm sure u guys already know that lol).

Cheers
Chris:)

where ya from

you arent riding in the right places in Ontario if thats all you get man
theres GREAT sledding to be had in Ontario and Quebec

2010_rmk

Reaction score
where ya from

you arent riding in the right places in Ontario if thats all you get man
theres GREAT sledding to be had in Ontario and Quebec

My cottage is in Huntsville , I have been on close to every trial in Ontario. But I enjoy more breaking my own trail.

what_next

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My cottage is in Huntsville , I have been on close to every trial in Ontario. But I enjoy more breaking my own trail.

thats super south

I grew up in Ottawa and used to sled all the way to my grand parents camp on Lake temiskamingue (St-Bruno de Guigues)
its a 7 hour drive by car, pretty much took a whole weekend by sled

i enjoyed the fact i could just sled out from my garage.
Thats the bad part of living in Edmonton... you gotta own a truck.. and possibly a trailer because you ALWAYS need to drive somewhere else

i havent sledded in the mountains yet.... but it'll happen

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thats super south

I grew up in Ottawa and used to sled all the way to my grand parents camp on Lake temiskamingue (St-Bruno de Guigues)
its a 7 hour drive by car, pretty much took a whole weekend by sled

i enjoyed the fact i could just sled out from my garage.
Thats the bad part of living in Edmonton... you gotta own a truck.. and possibly a trailer because you ALWAYS need to drive somewhere else

i havent sledded in the mountains yet.... but it'll happen

were going on tueday, see you there

Top Bottom