Adjusting Rear Preload Spring 09 Summit 800

Highmaintenence

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I adjusted my rear preload spring to the max stiff setting of 5...after I noticed my tunnel sagged instead of stiffing. After I adjusted the spring I drove 30 feet and parked so am wondering if the shock needs to settle (ride a Km and things fine) or do i need to adjust my shock in the rear also?

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How much do you weigh? you probably need the heavy duty springs or preload spacer, but the rear suspension is supposed to sag somewhat.

Highmaintenence

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got it figured...needed to let the shock settle...Had a buddy adjust my suspension...Max stiff on front shock of track, let out the limiter strap one hole, and set the pre-load to max (i'm 200 lbs)...My sled rides like a dream! Nice light front end and turns in snow like a seadoo!

dbar7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
on the xps it say right in the owners manual not go straight to #5 your supposed to go to 3 or 4 first for a bit then adjust it to 5

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
I went to 5 right off the bat too .......... rode it for abit all good. :beer::d:beer:

jpow

Reaction score
i have the 154x set on 5 at the back and all other shocks at stock setting. im 175lbs it seems to ride nice but should i change mouch to make it ride better??

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
i have the 154x set on 5 at the back and all other shocks at stock setting. im 175lbs it seems to ride nice but should i change mouch to make it ride better??

The XP summit suspension needs to have the front track shock set as stiff as it will go. The suspension will collapse if not. The rear springs are set so it sags 3-4 inches when you get on it. In High Maintenances case, he weighs 200 so #5 was good.
Doo this and your sled will work the way it was supposed to doo without replacing the suspension with a Timbersled or such..... Its the best that can be done with the stock suspension.

Highmaintenence

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Duck! Cant thank you enough for getting my suspension adjusted! Now figure a way to reverse the snow out of my cyclinders and the score marks off the pistons! LOL! As mentioned once you adjusted its like riding a whole different machine!

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just rode all weekend, I've been running for the last year with the front track on the softest setting and it was ok but I never knew any different. A buddy told me stifen the fron track shock and try it and HOLY CRAP, the sled is a totally different machine, it pops out of the hole so much easier now and keeps the front end lighter then it just to be. Cant believe I didnt try this sooner.

Highmaintenence

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just rode all weekend, I've been running for the last year with the front track on the softest setting and it was ok but I never knew any different. A buddy told me stifen the fron track shock and try it and HOLY CRAP, the sled is a totally different machine, it pops out of the hole so much easier now and keeps the front end lighter then it just to be. Cant believe I didnt try this sooner.

I totally hear ya! Effortless riding nearly! Now I know why I was so spent after a sled trip! LOL!

Top Bottom