Aboriginal protests in Canada.

OverBore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's time for the natives to live off the land like they did when the treatys were signed. No cash, no satelite TV, no health care, no vehicles, no electricty, no houses.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
[h=2]rac·ism[/h] [rey-siz-uh m] Show IPA
noun1.a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the varioushuman races determine cultural or individual achievement,usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.

2.a policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such a doctrine; discrimination.

3.hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.

Its funny how when the government is wanting to see how Canadians tax dollars are spent the call them racists.

Its not racist to question where free money that is coming from Canadian tax payers is going, that money is not just coming from white people, its coming from Asians, middle easterners, African Americans and tax paying native Americans as well.

Its crazy that tribe counsels and band leaders can pocket as much of it as they want and not disperse it to their people like it is suppose to be and saying its racist for the government of Canada to audit them to see where the money is going, the money coming from the tax paying Canadians that is to build roads, bridges, schools, and pay the people who protect, serve and save Canadians lives.

Ive been on many reserves, I use to deliver furniture to them, every year they get free furniture and the stuff you delivered the year before is absolutely destroyed, New 1000 sq ft homes, which in Saskatoon would cost some one $350,000 have holes in the walls, writing on the walls, brand new vehicles that look like they were in a war...... and thats what people see.

Ive also seen reserve houses that people buy their own furniture instead of the cheaper stuff they are given, their houses are spotless and their vehicles are always clean. I have friends that are the same way and took advantage of free education and have great jobs because of it.....

But people see the negatives.... just the way it is and it is unfair.

Griz-L-Bar

Reaction score
Complete and utter transparency. If you live off the Goverenment tax dollars I should be able to see what you get.

And if the chiefs are not ok with that perhaps the bands should get there ch!t together and give them a shake down.

The problem will only be solved from the inside, politics, speculation, and empty threats on an internet site will not fix this.

The community needs to rise up and remove the chief from power and if there is some high council...burn the sum bitch down and replace them. And when that is done if the community's truly want change they will have to open their doors to the rest of Canada and show us that they are actually making changes for the better for EVERYONE.

This is not a problem of Natives.....it is a problem of a select few politians exploiting there neighbours, familys, and heritage to the point of utter DISGRACE.

In no way I intend to upset or offend anyone making it on their own.

01Sharp

Reaction score
We need this guy running the whole show.

Subject: Chief Clarence Louie, Osoyoos BC....Idle no more

Finally a first nations person who says it like it is!.....THEY ARE TRULY "IDLE NO MORE�" !!!!

Isn't this a pleasant change?

Chief Clarence Louie, Osoyoos BC speaking in Northern Alberta :

Speaking to a large aboriginal conference and some of the attendees, including a few who hold high office, have straggled in.

'I can't stand people who are late, he says into the microphone. Indian Time doesn't cut it. '
Some giggle, but no one is quite sure how far he is going to go. Just sit back and listen:

'My first rule for success is Show up on time.'
'My No. 2 rule for success is follow Rule No. 1.'
'If your life sucks, it's because you suck.'
'Quit your sniffling.'
'Join the real world. Go to school, or get a job.'
'Get off of welfare. Get off your butt.'

He pauses, seeming to gauge whether he dare, then does.
'People often say to me, How you doin'? Geez I'm working with Indians what do you think?'
Now they are openly laughing ..... applauding. Clarence Louie is everything that was advertised and more.

'Our ancestors worked for a living, he says. So should you.'

He is, fortunately, aboriginal himself. If someone else stood up and said these things - the white columnist standing there with his mouth open, for example - you'd be seen as a racist. Instead, Chief Clarence Louie is seen, increasingly, as one of the most interesting and innovative native leaders in the country even though he avoids national politics.

He has come here to Fort McMurray because the aboriginal community needs, desperately, to start talking about economic development and what all this multibillion-dollar oil madness might mean, for good and for bad.

Clarence Louie is chief and CEO of the Osoyoos Band in British Columbia's South Okanagan. He is 44 years old, though he looks like he would have been an infant when he began his remarkable 20-year-run as chief.. He took a band that had been declared bankrupt and taken over by Indian Affairs and he has turned in into an inspiration.

In 2000, the band set a goal of becoming self-sufficient in five years. They're there.

The Osoyoos, 432 strong, own, among other things, a vineyard, a winery, a golf course and a tourist resort, and they are partners in the Baldy Mountain ski development. They have more businesses per capita than any other first nation in Canada.

There are not only enough jobs for everyone, there are so many jobs being created that there are now members of 13 other tribal communities working for the Osoyoos. The little band contributes $40-million a year to the area economy.

Chief Louie is tough. He is as proud of the fact that his band fires its own people as well as hires them. He has his mottos posted throughout the Rez. He believes there is no such thing as consensus, that there will always be those who disagree. And, he says, he is milquetoast compared to his own mother when it comes to how today's lazy aboriginal youth, almost exclusively male, should be dealt with.

Rent a plane, she told him, and fly them all to Iraq. Dump'em off and all the ones who make it back are keepers. Right on, Mom.
The message he has brought here to the Chipewyan, Dene and Cree who live around the oil sands is equally direct: 'Get involved, create jobs and meaningful jobs, not just window dressing for the oil companies.'

'The biggest employer,' he says, 'shouldn't be the band office.'

He also says the time has come to get over it. 'No more whining about 100-year-old failed experiments.' 'No foolishly looking to the Queen to protect rights.'

Louie says aboriginals here and along the Mackenzie Valley should not look at any sharing in development as rocking-chair money but as investment opportunity to create sustainable businesses. He wants them to move beyond entry-level jobs to real jobs they earn all the way to the boardrooms. He wants to see business manners develop: showing up on time, working extra hours. The business lunch, he says, should be drive through, and then right back at it.

'You're going to lose your language and culture faster in poverty than you will in economic development', he says to those who say he is ignoring tradition.

Tough talk, at times

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This guy "Chief Clarence Louie" has some sound advice , his measage is one that every young man and women, regardless of race or color should listen to.....

“Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not: nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education alone will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.”

Last edited:

Nathansharkey

Reaction score
This guy "Chief Clarence Louie" has some sound advice , his measage is one that every young man and women, regardless of race or color should listen to.....

“Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not: nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education alone will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.”

I like this saying.

etecheaven

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I keep seeing the word equal pop up from the protesters. Equal rights they say...... well you can be equal, I will vote for that... but not a cent more.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What pisses me off is they keep sayin how they are loseing there heritage and such, well then go get a teeppee and live in that nd dont go to a gas station or a store for food, live off the land and quit constantly asking/taking money hand-outs.. I agree that yes years ago there was alot of things in the past that happened that were wrong but if you keep starring in the rearview mirror you will never progress forward. I know more and more younger natives that are moving off of the reserves so that they can actually own something of their own, because when they live on the reserve the band owns there house and property not them. Good on the ones that do utilize the handouts and such to better themselves and there families, tired of the ones that sit their doin nothin and just want more and more for nothin givin or done.

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sad to say now chief who ever the Bit-h is wont show for the meeting on Friday well go f-ck your self!,,,

mxzretta

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sad to say now chief who ever the Bit-h is wont show for the meeting on Friday well go f-ck your self!,,,

My thoughts exactly. She does not represent anything for the native culture only trying to look out for herself. Making sure her pockets her lined i like how they show her on the news driving off in a hummer. She makes the rest of natives look bad. Myself being native i am ashamed of her. You said it best she can go f-ck herself. Just like every other politician always changing their mind.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I noticed the hummer as well. She must be the Bill Gates of her reserve. What an embarrassment she has become.

My thoughts exactly. She does not represent anything for the native culture only trying to look out for herself. Making sure her pockets her lined i like how they show her on the news driving off in a hummer. She makes the rest of natives look bad. Myself being native i am ashamed of her. You said it best she can go f-ck herself. Just like every other politician always changing their mind.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

IDLE NO MORE...........does that mean that she is finally going to put it in gear and move forward with the rest of the world and get over it??????
LMFAO..............I've been exposed and can't show up????????? Another waste just to get to this point!!!!!!
Yupper and we paid for that one to.

Bandit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think on the whole her hunger strike has done a lot more damage than it has ever done good. Now that so much stuff has come to light since she started her hunger strike which doesn't even involve going hungry, I think it has really sabotaged any position that any of the native groups may take in trying to reach a consensus with the Canadian government. Now that so many of the population has been riled up, I think there are going to be a lot of very hard questions asked that a many of people involved with the management of the reserves are not going to like giving the answers to.

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If I was Harper I would cancel, then put that reserve on lock down for the money they get and abuse. This is pathetic. Where in the hell is my hand out. Bejesus I am ticked.

mxzretta

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IDLE NO MORE...........does that mean that she is finally going to put it in gear and move forward with the rest of the world and get over it??????
LMFAO..............I've been exposed and can't show up????????? Another waste just to get to this point!!!!!!
Yupper and we paid for that one to.

Idle No More has never said it was in support of her. And is a totally different movement apart from her. And as for getting over it. The natives did not ask for the treaties it was the Queen and the government that wanted them. So instead of saying get over it maybe you should bitch at the government for sigming them. Chief Spence is nothing more than another crooked politician and does not represent me.

mxzretta

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that sucks, he was a cool cat. sad that the bullch!t got to him, both of you seem like dudes I would hang with.

Yea he was. I think in his last post he said he enjoyed coming here because it was a place where people came together for the love of the sport. Not to hear people rag on his culture.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Idle No More has never said it was in support of her. And is a totally different movement apart from her. And as for getting over it. The natives did not ask for the treaties it was the Queen and the government that wanted them. So instead of saying get over it maybe you should bitch at the government for sigming them. Chief Spence is nothing more than another crooked politician and does not represent me.
I don't think the overall message is conveyed clearly. IDLE NO MORE supports the present system which everyone agrees does not work. Hiding behind the past, wallowing in self pity and expecting present day society to support a special interst group only promotes the problems your people experience. Of all the nationalities that make up Canada only one requires and requests.....no demands constant support and does not move forward. They are more than willing to set up blockades that disrupt the very people that support them. How many thousands of hours spent on protests and how many millions of dollars expired to only demand more. Where is the balance sheet that shows the same expiration of resources to to get out of the hole self pity has dug????All these peoples have their own torrid histories and ask noting but to be a part of this contry with its freedoms. There are countless ethnic communities embedded within cities and I have yet to hear of a government supported China Town. None of these ethnic communities have lost their original heritage of their homelands. They do not stand on the side of the road in blockades pounding their chests speaking of personal pride making rediculous demands, they are at work bettering their lives and personally paying to support their heritage all while paying for the blockades that do exist to bleed more and return nothing. There are over 600,000 people demanding support, a burden neither justified in this time of present history nor one which society seems to want to tolerate any longer.
Are we to support each ethnic group as with equality no peoples are greater than any other. Are we all to demand support of society with no return to the system.

What needs to be asked of IDLE NO MORE is what are these peoples going to do to change. Are you going to remain IDLE within this country and only ask for more contiued support for endless generations. Where is the plan from theses peoples for change,none has been brought forward, only the demands for more of what history has proven as a failed system that is detrimental to a colorful people whose past has a rich history which is overshadowed by their present problems. There will be no future for the people you are justly proud of until they have gotten past their dark days and create a new reason for their pride. Look at the state of your First Nation peoples on the reservations across this country. Yet there is no disire or plan that has been put forward that does not involve freebies supplied through the pity of past history. Do not hide behind the Queens skirt, get out and change your future, some have but so many remain their own biggest problem.
It is not that the other peolpe of this country will not help, but what is the point.
If your people choose to continue down their present path then I have pity on them as they are not equals to the other ethnics within Canada and may God bless them as their suffering will never end.
IDLE NO MORE?......The rest of the country can only hope.

Last edited:

senorjeem

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Canada's First Nations Debate - Globe & Mail.
Now this could stir up a bit of a debate...but it is food for thoughts regarding comments from a reader in the Globe and Mail. It's a short history lesson on natives.
This land does NOT belong to them. Why do some people keep saying that it does?

Is it because that's what they want you to believe? Well then the marketing campaign must be working.

Let's get this straight...

1. These people's ancestors did not just appear in North America magically out of thin air one day 50,000 years ago.
They came in waves across the land/ice bridge from Asia. What's more these waves in many case were not related groups of people.

They came from various places around North Eastern Asia and were from different genetic strains....in other words the "natives of North America

are not a homogenous group of people and more importantly.... They are immigrants too, like millions of immigrants today.

2. The idea that the "natives" were peaceful caretakers of the land or benevolent tenants couldn't be further from the truth.
The various tribes warred on each other constantly. They were violent. Want proof? Ask the Huron's...oh that's right you can't.

The Iroquois wiped them out. How about slavery that was rife among the first nation tribes until the Europeans came over and freed

the slaves and put an end to this "valued cultural tradition"? Is slavery peaceful and humane?

3. The idea that we "stole" this land from them is also ridiculous.

A more technologically advanced and numerous culture invaded and conquered.

This is exactly what has been happening since the dawn of humanity all around the globe. To say we "stole" their lands is just plain wrong.

That is akin to saying the Saxons should return England to the Angles. Or maybe we should launch a campaign to have Roman descendants give Italy

back to the Etruscans.

It is a nonsensical notion driven by the politically correct bleeding hearts on the left and some intellectually deficient liberals,

and it will continue to cost this country needless and wasted billions and billions until we get some backbone and turn off the taps.

Are these people in trouble? Yes. Do they need help? Yes.

Are they responsible enough to look after themselves and efficiently spend the billions the tax payers give them? Certainly not.

The only way to fix this situation is to bring them into society as equals. They should be getting jobs and paying taxes like the rest of us

because in reality, they are no more special than any of the other hundred or more cultures that call Canada home.

Turn off the taps. Do away with this "traditional use" and "cultural" nonsense.

Educate their children to become modern citizens, instead of finding their identity and source of pride in some folks who occupied the land 15000 years ago.

Let them stand or fall on their own account,

Top Bottom