A season with Shadam ...

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This thread is interesting and shadam is entertaining for sure. I am sure he is safe and knowledgeable in his own right. I give you props as you look like you surely enjoy the bc hills, BUT what i fear is the onlookers who view this forum (believe me there are WAY more than you know) that read this thread and stereotype us with the misconception and misunderstandings that are sure to be interpreted from this thread. Ride hard and ride safe my fellow ripper but please understand that there are many others viewing this forum that do not fully understand your angle and humor. I fear that this thread is doing more for our overall image than just the entertainment aspect i am sure you were aiming for.

Shadam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it seems everywhere is riding really well at mo around here. trails have been groomed and are a bit icy = fast!

gorman was fun yesterdy, so much fresh still awaitz.
I think buddy and I were the only seldz without snowboardz.
sorry no pic's as super flat light.

as for my risk taking,
nobody wantz to see pic's of snowstudy pitz or all the other stuff we do. I could blog about conditions and all the discussions that go into our snow safety and safe travel in avy terrain. everyone is encouraged to speak up as we want to hear their opinion as we do this everyday and could easily become complacent. thus the weekend warrior from calgary often gets intimidated by our casual outlook and we want their pespective and imput into the discussion not just follow blindly coz so many underestimate mother nature and she can change so much over nite and so many just expect today to be just like yestdy.
I dont ride many different areas, I concentrate on 2 areas this season, and one of these I did over 100 days at last year. I'd like to think have learnt which slopes are frequent peelers and get to know which have and which have not peeled this month or this season. peeps look at these wind loaded slopes and pass judgement but dont know just how many times that slope has been snowboarded and sled trenched, I do. Back in the day ski cutting was how we tested a slope. now the sled cut is my go to tool for slope testing. I'll spare you the boring details of how this proceedure is conducted, but several 4ft trenches should find any instabilites eh?
I have often been asked why I dont become a guide, fark that!!! I ride for me, for the small amount of money guides make, no thankz.
but I'll happily hook up with strong riders on good sledz and show you some fun terrain. just ask ...

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
oh so u dont want cash to ride with u !! so u drop off a cornice and do a sled cut ??? the terrain u are riding is the norm around here lol

That terrain is the norm in golden to....lol

Although if you go north west of Golden down the bush FSR there is bigger mountains and way more snow then where Shadam is riding south of town.

Nice Pics tho Shadam:beer: is that 12mile?

Last edited:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I probably should say nothing but what the hell its snow and mud. The first thing they tell you in an avy course is to observe the conditions around you. After looking at those pics I would say that conditions are not safe for big open slopes. I have rode in the mountains for pretty much 25 years now. I probably have not rode as much still than you have for a lot less years but one thing I have picked up is my lack of pushing fate when the odds are way out of my favor. There is an old saying...."Play with the head of the snake and expect to be bitten". To each there own I guess and I wish you luck but your message is messed up just as Curtis has explained. Like me or flame me....I'm a big boy. Lol.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The norm around where willy? California or maybe you are from Louisana? Florida maybe? Do you even know what snow looks like up close?

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is that you best comeback? Fawk you must be from Cali. Whats a matter? Sun getting to ya willy? Too hot on the beach?

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What take a picture of it??? Do they have chutes like that in Cali willlllllyyyyyyy?

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What do you mean they? Ok just ignore everyone else and admit it man to man. You are not even in BC. Come on you can tell me....... Willlllyyyyyy.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I want to be like you willlllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. If I come down to California Willllllllllllllllllllllyyyyyy can I watch the Vids in your livingroom toooooo? I'll bring the BBBBBBBBBBBeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer WILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLYYYYY. What do you think?

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nope sorry it wasn't me wrecking the threads WillLLLLLYyyyyYYY. I think everyone will agree. It is the wannabe from Cali????? WillLLLyyyy? We should rent you a sled and bring you up from Calllliiiii to ride WilllYYYYYYyyyy.....

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heeeyyyyy willlllllyyy. Bored of you now. Going to the hot tub then to bed. This should give you some time to think of a smart comeback.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's ok willlLlllYyYy. I didn't. How's the weather in sunny califorNia WILlyyyyyy??????? Is the ski blue where you are?????no seriously. What color is the sky in your world????? wiLllYyY?

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how bout this line ?? i watched Mr pajama pants climb that chute :)

whats the point of this picture? All I see is a little hill that you apparently only watch people climb....lol

Shadam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can see why very few people post stoke on this site.
its either fat old timers who don't ride any more trying to brain wash people,
or clowns argueing about who's sled has the least HP ...

any-hoo ... sux 2 b u ...

not too long ago Deeker and lady Deeker showed up not just with the 300hp yamy but her new toy ... 163 XM

P1160015_zps27e3bf59.jpg

go girl !!!

P1160020_zpsc4cce1ec.jpg

she can show up half the talkers in this thread ...

P1160024_zps995c0c70.jpg

it was only a matter of time ...

P1160028_zpsa391c305.jpg

time to dig 4 a doo ...

P1160029_zpsd0867bbb.jpg

but I'm the best stuck mobiler on the mtn !!!

P1160032_zpsb0881ebc.jpg

an impressive compination ...

P1160033_zps3e6685dc.jpg

the above shot is the slope that got everyones feathers ruffled,
good thing we have sled patrol keeping things under control eh?

P1160034_zpsa5e2b09d.jpg

P1160036_zps1a3682d4.jpg

stress less dude, she's got it all under control ...

P1160039_zpsb3c4de87.jpg

Shadam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
showing off for the camera ...

P1160041_zps741cee3d.jpg

one ski or no skis ...

P1160043_zpsf2cd41fb.jpg

this is the goat track linking wonderland to golden bowl ...

001_zps2f46a9dd.jpg

P1170026_zpsa596b812.jpg

getto modz on the RX1 ...

001_zps9ea68eda.jpg

this is how rattbaggers walk the dogs ...

P1230065_zps3d337b70.jpg

I got this dialled !!!

P1230070_zps3b83c64d.jpg

a few more beers later things got stupid ...

P1230208_zps2eeb2d16.jpg

I'm all for the stupid option !!!

P1230229_zpseab0c7b9.jpg

a bit more getto modz needed eh?

P1230238_zpsb5d7a7df.jpg

drifting on ice is fun !!!

P1230102_zps2f4bf143.jpg

however some of the ratbaggers prefer to snowboard ...

016_zps42a4ffee.jpg

but he's a closet sledder ...

089_zpsd01aa107.jpg

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok...not to be rude whatsoever but who are you? I read back and people were saying you are a guide or something? Do you guide out in Golden? Just curious is all.

You have horrendous grammar...But some absolutely amazing pics. Thanks for sharing! :D :beer:

Top Bottom